Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:37 PM

27 posts, read 106,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax8 View Post
Just being honest. It used to be a nice, kind and quiet place. Now it's filled with cocky and quite rude people. I find the city to be a poor choice to move to. The LDS vs. Non-LDS friction is also too high with all the LDSers hiding away from others (trust me, they won't even allow your kids to play together!!). Weird town guys. Avoid like the plague.
Move to a nicer place like Farmington or Fruit Heights or Kaysville guys.
Just being blunt here!
Blunt is ok, but what about fair? Who are "they" who won't allow their kids to play w/non-LDS kids? As a resident of Centerville for 10 years now, I can tell you that's not the norm. In fact my daughter has her best friend over right now..a sweet girl from a proudly Catholic family. We're LDS. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience IF you ever did live in Centerville but I think that's unfair to call an entire community "weird, cocky and rude and that you must avoid them like the plague". Hmmm....speaking of rude....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 8,512 times
Default Just don't move here

Again, it proves my point. Our family lived there for over 25 years and I find that the vibe is bad guys. Take it from me for what it's worth, 3 generations living in that yucky city. Now it's filled with box stores, fast food shops, crime is increasing yearly, the traffic is waaaayyy increasing due to WalMart and stores left and right. This ain't just about religious crackerjacks, this is my straight forward, truthful opinion. My 5 cents. Enjoy looking for a better city!

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,955 times
oh my goodness....my sister has lived there for almost 17 years...and I have never gone to visit...I am going this week....(she has been after me for years) Maybe I don't want to go anymore...now that I have read all your comments... any town you live in...the teenagers will say it stinks and there has got to be a better place... and it's sad to read that there is so much anomosity between faiths...kind of hypocritical isn't it?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,866,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmama View Post
oh my goodness....my sister has lived there for almost 17 years...and I have never gone to visit...I am going this week....(she has been after me for years) Maybe I don't want to go anymore...now that I have read all your comments... any town you live in...the teenagers will say it stinks and there has got to be a better place... and it's sad to read that there is so much anomosity between faiths...kind of hypocritical isn't it?
That thread was a long time ago. Now Centerville is mostly populated by Siberian Kaballahists and French interpretive dancers. Everything is also painted orange and most all residents walk only on their hands.

Seriously, it isn't a bad town. It is highly unlikely you will be robbed, murdered, hustled, kindapped and ransomed, get lost, be forced to suffer the appearance of a less-than well manicured front yard, eat at a fancy restaurant or find high culture there.

If you are white, make about 80-100K a year, have 10 kids and like to walk everywhere with a pocket edition book of mormon in your pants you will immediately be accepted as part of the club and invited to church on sunday.

If not, you will probably pass unnoticed at the very worst.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,955 times
k...very cute response...thanks you made me chuckle...visited...beautiful scenery Centerville seems like every other small town America that I have been to......Salt Lake was a little "beat " for me...good farmers market though.... would have liked to have spent much more time in the southern part of the state but maybe another time...and I would love to ski there...maybe in another life if i am so lucky...

Old 08-24-2010, 03:01 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,261,368 times
Centerville is nice and has some decent "normal" box store shopping (for all us little people that like shopping in the same place from where we moved from).

I can only imagine it will get better with a Performing Arts Center, Movie theater and In-n-Out Burger.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,065 times
My husband, kids and I moved to Centerville from Alabama almost 7 years ago and I honestly can not imagine raising my kids anywhere else! We are not LDS but we have never felt shunned or left out. We have been to many family events at the Church. Our kids have been to sleepovers, late nights, birthday parties, playdates and my son is even in Scouts! Since moving here, we have had 3 more kids(total of 6) and decided we needed a bigger house. About a year and a half ago, we did move....two streets from our old house. We have everything we need here in Centerville--good restaurants, stores, parks, beautiful scenery, and soon a movie theater and Performing Arts complex. Anything else that we need is just a short drive from here. If you want a friendly and safe place with awesome schools, Centerville may be what you are looking for. I know it was for us!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,261,368 times
abatesrn, we moved to Bountiful (right next to Centerville) 3 years ago from Florida and we have loved it too. We are so glad we randomly picked south Davis county to live. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area