Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,464 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Layton in a few weeks and are trying to finalize where to live, we have to pick a place without getting to visit in person first, stressful for sure! Can anyone speak to specific neighborhoods in Layton to avoid or focus? We have 2 prospective houses, one is near Woodward park south of Hill AFB, the other a bit further down near Chapel park. We are early 30's with a one year old. Any advice is really appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
I live near the Chapel Park right now. We just moved in October. I love the neighborhood. ITs great because it takes only about 5 minutes to get on I-15. If you like to ski or board, it takes only about 30 minutes to get to Snowbasin - a fabulous ski area. Plus its still a nice and quiet neighborhood.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:34 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,130,940 times
I live near this area. I prefer the Chapel Park neighborhood. I like where it's located, I like that there are older homes mixed in & more trees.

To me, woodward looks more "mass produced". And I can't stand where it is (although it's only a mile or so from the other), stuck next to the mall. Occassionally I drive through there trying to avoid the main roads S & E of the mall, but end up frustrated. It is next to the worst traffic area in Layton.

Let me know if I can give you more helpful info.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:38 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
I'll say something different. East Layton is the most expensive real estate in Layton and if you can afford to buy a house there I would take a serious look at it. This property is near Highway 89. Its somewhat newer real estate. Although, some of the houses are now 30 years old.

There are many nice subdivisions in Layton. I am of the opinion that those of us who live in Davis County are a pretty lucky lot. The only drawback I can think of to living in this area are the winter inversions.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:06 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
In my opinion, East is better for Layton and the "worst" areas are around the mall and close to the I-15 corridor. I say worst in quotations because honestly, the worst in Davis county isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Further west in Syracuse, things get just about as fancy as East Layton too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area