Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 10,021 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to SLC from NY. I will be graduating in May with a bachelor Degree in Fashion Retail Merchndising. I actually have someone waiting for me so I will have an apartment and a car ready. My question is I am looking for a job in assistant manager at a clothing store that is popular such as Urban Outfitter, J. Crew, etc, do I apply for a position online or in the store; I will be going there back in March for almost two weeks. I also have a 2 year old daughter and am looking for a day care for her, she only speak russian and I know they have a little russian community since I speak russian, can anybody tell me if you know any russian daycare and where russian people hang out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natylka View Post
I will be moving to SLC from NY. I will be graduating in May with a bachelor Degree in Fashion Retail Merchndising. I actually have someone waiting for me so I will have an apartment and a car ready. My question is I am looking for a job in assistant manager at a clothing store that is popular such as Urban Outfitter, J. Crew, etc, do I apply for a position online or in the store; I will be going there back in March for almost two weeks. I also have a 2 year old daughter and am looking for a day care for her, she only speak russian and I know they have a little russian community since I speak russian, can anybody tell me if you know any russian daycare and where russian people hang out?
There is a Russian community center downtown. I don't know about a Russian daycare, but the Russian center would probably know. Russkiye zdes est!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 10,021 times
Can you tell me the adress, I will be going back to SLC in March so I would like to check it out.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:21 AM

I can't remember the address, but I'll try to dig it up this afternoon.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:07 PM

I can't find the address of the Russian cultural center. It's south of downtown a few blocks. But if you go here:

Lyubochka Cafe
959 East , 3300 South
801-485-8727

They can direct you. They told me about it.

Also, there is a Russian/Ukrainian/Armenian market on 9th east and about 4700 s. It is a collection of stores called Ivy Place - there is a Spoons and Spice Kitchen speciality store in the same place. The little grocery was nearly in the back of the whole place - so find the Spoons and Spice and the keep walking to the west on the little side walk along the front It is owned by an Armenian guy, but most of the workers there are Russian and they carry Russian products. They could tie you into the Russian community as well.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,913 times
Or you could just go to RussianSLC.com
This website is just like a little russian community itself.
They could help you by answering pretty much any question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area