Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 01:10 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,580,255 times

Advertisements

Hi! New poster here.

My wife and I are contemplating a move to Salt Lake to experience a 4-season climate (a BIG change from where we now live!). We are planning a trip to Salt Lake this summer to check out housing and other stuff around the city, but one thing that rarely comes up on boards of this type is the subject of classic car clubs. I have a vintage muscle car that I like to drive to cruise-ins and shows. Does anyone know if those exist in SLC?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 PM

34 posts, read 132,799 times
Default not that many

there isn't that many unfortunately, harsh winters take their toll on nice cars here. But I guess the people around here don't really get into that sort of thing like other places around the country do. I haven't seen a good car show in a while, just have to get on the internet and see if you can find one. Good Luck

Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,821 times
Default There are some

When are you coming in to SLC,Ut? If you want to see some of the classics that roam the state you would want to come around the week of July the 24th. It's part of the Utah Heritage and pioneer day celebration (when utah became a state.) we have a prade that shows many of the classic cars in utah as well as alot of the utah history. After the prade at Liberty park the often have the cars on display. There you can chat it up with the owners and find out more about the shows and how often they happen. depending on how much you like to travelle there are normally shows every weekend in the different citys around the state. you just have to be able to know and find them. Check out the forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uoccc/. They will have more information for you.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,580,255 times
Thanks Gearnofear! That is about the time we are planning to come up for a visit. I'll check out that website too!

John

Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM

101 posts, read 470,182 times
And of course if you love to really "drive" your car
http://www.utahscca.com/
will take care of that need.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 7,186 times
Those that replied to you must not be car guys. There are 6 - 8 cruise nights a month from April to October around Salt Lake as well as several car shows. For example The end of July every year the Cache Valley Cruise is 80 miles north it is a 3 day event with 300+ cars on display. It has been featured in Street Rod Magazine. There are several car clubs in Salt Lake from specialty clubs - Corvette, Mustang, etc. to the general Muscle Cars, Chevy Powered, Street Rods, etc. We also have a new world class road race track.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,426 times
Default Looking for classic car friends

I am looking for others close to my area that like myself that own a 60's to early 70's Camaro or other classic car. I thought it might be fun to maybe organize a club, get together to exchange ideas on repairs and parts or just to do some cruising. It's fun but a little boring cruising by myself.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:32 PM

246 posts, read 320,380 times
There are quite a few classic car clubs along the wasatch front. My dad’s a member of Wasatch Rods and Customs. He has a 66 GTO & I’m not sure what year his Corvette is but it’s newish. They are primarily Layton-Ogden area but go to car shows all over they valley. They put on a car show in August at Layton Commons Park. They also donate a lot of money they raise to charities.

Their Facebook page is https://m.facebook.com/Wasatch-Rods-...4574979895423/

And that 4-season climate your looking for, sometimes you get all four in one day.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:12 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
The shop that hosts "bitchin rides" on tv is here and they usually do their reveals at the maverick arena off 215. I see weekly classic car meetups there... I also know there are a few cars and coffee meetups in SLC and PC.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:58 PM

272 posts, read 270,382 times
I was out in no man's land today, saw this sign, and thought of this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
classic car clubs in SLC?-2018-07-17_17.57.50.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: