Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:32 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,934,896 times

Advertisements

Crown Burgers is Utah's own. The pastrami burger is deliscious even though it sounds a bit odd. I miss it a lot. Closed on Sundays as are a lot of places (call ahead).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 07:23 AM

9,389 posts, read 7,023,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroSki406 View Post
In & Out disgusting? Dude (or dudette)! AND blasphemy against Chick-Fil-A? GASP!

Thanks for suggesting Park City. I forgot all about that too.
A dude here and yeah CF is fine (I’ll do the spicy club maybe 2x per year) and I&O is maybe a half step better than mcds on the pantheon of burgers. Lucky 13 (a bar) is my favorite for burgers here. For a chain type place we have another called Cubbys that has great burgers too.

If you stay downtown there is Moochies for good philly and meatball sandwiches. A few good Thai restaurants (sawadee), decent bbq (r&r), good Mexican (cafe alamexo/red iguana) as well. We also have a goos sushi spot (takashi) and Ethiopian food as well.

Siegfrieds is great if you want a beer and German food or borscht and Feldman’s (millcreeks) is a great nyc jewish style deli. I can go on depending on what you like....

Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 AM

28,139 posts, read 30,082,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
A dude here and yeah CF is fine (I’ll do the spicy club maybe 2x per year) and I&O is maybe a half step better than mcds on the pantheon of burgers. Lucky 13 (a bar) is my favorite for burgers here. For a chain type place we have another called Cubbys that has great burgers too.

If you stay downtown there is Moochies for good philly and meatball sandwiches. A few good Thai restaurants (sawadee), decent bbq (r&r), good Mexican (cafe alamexo/red iguana) as well. We also have a goos sushi spot (takashi) and Ethiopian food as well.

Siegfrieds is great if you want a beer and German food or borscht and Feldman’s (millcreeks) is a great nyc jewish style deli. I can go on depending on what you like....
All great suggestions, but remember, these guys will have a six-year-old in tow. Most six-year-olds would rather starve than eat Thai, sushi, or a lot of the other things you mentioned. So why pay for food that is just going to elicit a "Yuck! What's that?" response? If I were on vacation here in Salt Lake City with kids, I'd probably head to Chuck-a-Rama, even though it would definitely not be among the spots my husband and I would pick if we were on our own.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,934,896 times
Gilgal Gardens is an oddity that the kids might like. It is outdoors, too.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:17 PM

914 posts, read 976,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
All great suggestions, but remember, these guys will have a six-year-old in tow. Most six-year-olds would rather starve than eat Thai, sushi, or a lot of the other things you mentioned. So why pay for food that is just going to elicit a "Yuck! What's that?" response? If I were on vacation here in Salt Lake City with kids, I'd probably head to Chuck-a-Rama, even though it would definitely not be among the spots my husband and I would pick if we were on our own.
True Katz but depends on the kids. Some have more varied pallets than others. Tsunami is one of my kids faves as is Thai food.They have always eaten anything and always given them anything to expand their experiences with food. Also means in SLC alot of those places less crowded without kids running round like its a playbarn and a more pleasurable dining experience. I agree on the Crown burger thing, sadly not impressed when went and was first and last time we went. Dog Haus is quite good as does both and if they are basic kind of kids then Five guys a good option or Red Rock is great to keep all happy. Such a good variety of food and specials

Great suggestions on day out. Lagoon is one of the best in terms of fun !

Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 PM

13 posts, read 11,370 times
All cool suggestions guys! Thanks a lot.

Also, thanks to the weirdo who basically messaged me to say that we are crappy parents if we take an 18 month old on a small road trip.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:40 AM

272 posts, read 272,657 times
Hotel suggestion: Staybridge Suites in West Valley City
Based on your criteria, I think this place would be perfect for your children.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:57 PM

43 posts, read 51,085 times
we like the Aviary for kids...be sure to go at a time when there is a bird show...they are great. we've been to small ones with just 8-10 people, and larger outdoor ones with lots more. all are fun for kids. they have a sand play area too for little ones, and the owl encounter might be fun as well if he/she is walking.

olympic park is really neat - your 6 year old might enjoy it - starting in June they have ski jumpers that do a show - i think on weekends. definitely worth the effort to get there for that. the museum is great too. we have not done the outdoor courses and based on the year we've had they may not be ready in june...but they've added a lot of stuff recently.

I am not sure about where to stay - if it were me i'd stay in park city, or up at snowbird resort where they have several pools, or maybe down at the mouth of big cottonwood at the residence in (outdoor pool). i'm not into the city scene though so take my advice with a grain of salt.

my 6 year old loves going to the Bees. we usually try to park somewhere along the trax so we can take the train partway (a realy 6 year old pleaser) and we usually only make it about halfway through a game. but it's definitely a winner.

we rarely eat out, although i will say my kids would do a LOT of chores to go to chik fil a. I'm not a food snob, don't enjoy eating out, and generally feel like there are not many great places to eat here? My husband loves the Bohemian though...for beers and german-ish food - and we have taken my kids there a few times and they like it. They are happy to eat ANYWHERE but home though, since we go out so rarely. Oh, they do love Bonzai (tepanyaki -) as they put on your typical show over the flames there.

not sure if this helps. hope so.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:11 PM

13 posts, read 11,370 times
Thanks again all.

Alright, so can I get some honest opinions about the following activities/attractions....

Lagoon Water Park
Hogle Zoo (I ask about this because I see chain link fences in various pictures which I find odd after seeing various zoos around the world)
The Living Planet Aquarium
City Creek Center for shopping
Park City Olympic Center

Also, can I get some honest feedback about the following places to eat...

R&R BBQ
Hires Big H
Red Iguana
Pretty Bird Chicken
Freshies Lobster Company
Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana
Salt Lake HSL

Thanks all.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:39 PM

28,139 posts, read 30,082,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroSki406 View Post
Thanks again all.

Alright, so can I get some honest opinions about the following activities/attractions....

Lagoon Water Park
Hogle Zoo (I ask about this because I see chain link fences in various pictures which I find odd after seeing various zoos around the world)
The Living Planet Aquarium
City Creek Center for shopping
Park City Olympic Center

Also, can I get some honest feedback about the following places to eat...

R&R BBQ
Hires Big H
Red Iguana
Pretty Bird Chicken
Freshies Lobster Company
Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana
Salt Lake HSL

Thanks all.
I would have no reservations about recommending any of these -- with one exception. I found Freshies to be exorbitantly overpriced. It's a fast-food environment that will set you back $75 for a lunch for three people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area