Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 06:14 AM

33 posts, read 28,462 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone
If all goes according to plan I will be relocating to Utah (with a job transfer to SLC in November. I am not concerned about what religion people are. I don't care what color you are either, I consider every stranger a potential friend I haven't met yet Have just started a new job that has promised me a transfer in 6 months. I'm looking at Salt lake city and possibly riverton as possible neighborhoods to live in. I don't have a car but do own an bike the job is in slc. I know that frontrunner doesn't run on Sunday, but I'm hoping with Trax and my electric bike I'll be able to get by until I can afford to buy a car. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on neighborhoods like Riverton and any other places.

Thanks and have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 08:30 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Where is the job? You don't want to travel long distances when it's snowing. What is your budget to rent or buy? What do you like to do in free time?

Old 05-03-2019, 01:23 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh start guy View Post
Hello everyone
If all goes according to plan I will be relocating to Utah (with a job transfer to SLC in November. I am not concerned about what religion people are. I don't care what color you are either, I consider every stranger a potential friend I haven't met yet Have just started a new job that has promised me a transfer in 6 months. I'm looking at Salt lake city and possibly riverton as possible neighborhoods to live in. I don't have a car but do own an bike the job is in slc. I know that frontrunner doesn't run on Sunday, but I'm hoping with Trax and my electric bike I'll be able to get by until I can afford to buy a car. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on neighborhoods like Riverton and any other places.

Thanks and have a great day
If the job is in Salt Lake, you don't want to be biking to the city from Riverton. As SouthernBelle said, let us know whether you'd be renting or buying and what kind of a housing budget you'll be looking at.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:33 PM

The job is at 5215 Wiley post way #120 slc 84114
Like to snowboard,biking,hiking. Looking to rent a studio apartment with a budget of $800- $1000 a month.

Thanks for replying

Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,551,449 times
I would suggest that you redact the exact address of your employer. However, given that location, I do not think that bicycling there would be feasible. It's located in an industrial park for miles upon miles.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:12 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
That is located in the International Center. The bus (UTA) might have routes there, but Trax and Frontrunner won’t work at that location.
I wouldn’t suggest biking to that work location. There aren’t any residential areas even remotely close to there. You might be able to find a bus route that has a stop close and then bike the rest of the way, however.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:13 PM

Like to bike hiking and snowboarding. Job is in slc, have an electric bike budget is between 800 and 1000 for a studio apartment. Though I could bring bike on trax or frontrunner and use electric bike if train or bus won't go the entire route.
Any advice is appreciated

Old 05-03-2019, 09:38 PM

388 posts, read 549,138 times
Google the jordan river trail and see how close you could get to that for travel to work on the bike. Big roads like redwood would be horrible IMO, but check out the googlemap using the bike feature to see if you get close enough on the trailway and then use back roads, lots of SL roads have lovely big shoulders to ride, but busy roads and overcrowded downtown roads are all about fighting for road real estate. . A friend used to live in East Sandy (10600s 1300 east ish) and used to ride to the airport area in summer on a normal bike using the trail part of the way. Snow will be the issue (they won't be cleared) but the rest of the year might work OK. You probably just want to live as far north as you can afford without going west IMO.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:52 AM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
Would be tricky on bike, even along the Jordan river which is a beautiful route to cycle. Friends husband used to do from Daybreak to Airport area but not feasible in winter. However do have Trax but Riverton a fair distance from that. Would have to cycle to Frontrunner or to West Jordan or 11400 s ad about 7th east to get to a trax I think.

Used to live on border of Riverton and South Jordan and a lovely area but I would maybe go closer to city

Drivers are a bit crazy too there so going off road like the Jordan trail an advantage

Suggest Cottonwood heights or Sugarhouse or Liberty Park area

Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Thanks everyone for replying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area