Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 05:30 AM

75 posts, read 87,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandpines View Post
They speed everywhere and anywhere, doesn't matter the time of day, I constantly have people tailgating, swerving around me giving me the stink eye as they pass. I could be in a NEIGHBORHOOD with children and parked cars on the street going 25 MPH and there'll still be someone behind me tapping their fingers on their dash impatiently as they tailgate me. I drive the speed limit and may hover 5-10 over depending on the conditions and I'll still always have someone riding my ass, I sometimes brake check when someone on an EMPTY 4 LANE ROAD is tailgating me so close that I can't even see their headlights and this only angers them then they finally swerve around me, not to mention some drivers here will refuse you into traffic, there could be a lane ending and a cop parked right there and they'll speed up ( happened today).. Only way you're getting in is to lay on the horn and just force your way over. It seems like safety is just out of the question when they drive. I've lived all over the country and practicing this type of rudeness behind the wheel would only bring you trouble but in Utah I guess being an ******* just goes unchecked. If you acted that way where I'm from you'd definitely invite a fight or get followed home, possibly shot.. How did the driving here get so reckless? I thought Florida was bad, but here is just a warzone on the roads, no disrespect but I think people here are just ignorantly stupid on another level mixed with the passive aggressive attitude of the region

You just described drivers from California and with the mass migration, I’m not surprised. I’ve driven through half of the US and I can tell you the most asinine drivers have been ones from California hands down. Now that they’re like locusts, it’s going to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area