Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiewitblueyes View Post
Hey... tell me abit about Ogden please
Im from Australia and don't know too much, but know it's where i want to go!
This is the kind of thinking that gets many people in trouble when they move! How can you know it's where you want to go if you don't know much about it? Not meaning to be rude, just a wake-up call. Ogden has some very nice areas from what I've been told, but Utah isn't for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 14,363 times
Hi there!!
We are possibly moving to West Haven, UT area, by Ogden. I have 3 kids and my question is about the high schools in that area. My kids are use to attending high schools with approximately 600 students, and I would like to keep it this way, unfortunately I have not found any neighboring towns close to West Haven that have smaller schools any suggestions? Most of the smaller towns that I have found, the high schools combine with other towns or all attend one big high school. This is really a factor in us moving to this area. My husband will be working in West Haven, but is will to commute 20- 30 min., I hope you can give me some insight to some area towns with small high schools. Thanks!!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 7,290 times
Default Lived in Ogden MY WHOLE LIFE

Ogden is not a bad place to live in the least. Housing is more affordable here, and there is less gang activity than Salt Lake. Just stick with Riverdale, North Ogden, or South Ogden. Historic 25th street is great for eating and night life , but you don't want to live there. If you do want to live in actual Ogden, just find somewhere above Harrison Blvd, the closer to the mountains the better it is.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,290 times
My husband just got accepted to the U, we are a young family so I don't want downtown, of course I know to look at Sugarhouse but so far no luck. We have seen a lot of ads for West Valley, so from someone that LIVES there please, can you tell me what it's like there? I hear about a lot of gang activity and I just want to know if that's true

Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Congrats on his acceptance! It is a great school. I do not live in West Valley anymore, but I used to. There are some sections that I really wouldn't want to live anymore, especially having children. Some areas of West Valley are very nice. You will be fine, you just have to watch where you are staying. The further west you go, the nicer it is.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
No question, there is some gang activity in West Valley City. I don't imagine its on the level of many communities. However, it would be wishful thinking to believe it doesn't go on. You might look harder for housing in the lower avenues of Salt Lake City. The area around East High School on 1300 East might be another option for you.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Ogden is not a bad place to live in the least. Housing is more affordable here, and there is less gang activity than Salt Lake. Just stick with Riverdale, North Ogden, or South Ogden. Historic 25th street is great for eating and night life , but you don't want to live there. If you do want to live in actual Ogden, just find somewhere above Harrison Blvd, the closer to the mountains the better it is.

Shar is quite correct. There is much to recommend the Ogden AREA as a place to live. Great skiing in the winter. Nice parks. Lack of traffic congestion. Downtown Ogden though is downright scary. Its gradually become a poorer and poorer area over a 30 to 40 year period. The dropout figures for Ogden High students are very high. So are teenage pregnancy statistics.

On the other hand, South Ogden, North Ogden, Riverdale and Roy are all communities in good shape. The area around Weber State University is pretty good though.

One complaint I have has to do with eating out. There are a few good places, but not enough. The area is dominated by chain restaurants and fast food outlets. I wish there were more good choices.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
ogden is a great place to live.yeah we have toms illegal mexicans,and acording to ksl and deseret news both lds owned,they dont comit crimes,but they did to get hear.there are the mormans that want to tell you how to live your life.but dont have anything to do with them.great sking good whisky lots of beer,[mod] not PG-13 [/mod]its a great place to live.[mod] rude [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-30-2010 at 11:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area