U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 02:37 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,160,660 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking that this will be a place I will be spending alot of time in when I make the move to SLC as the Park City Haggis rugby team is located there.

1.What's the general consensus on this city/area/neighborhood?
2.Is shopping handy without having to go too far?
3.What's the commute into downtown like on a summer morning compared with a winter morning?
4. Whats the average price to rent a apartment/studio?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mattyj46; 06-01-2008 at 03:54 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 AM

494 posts, read 1,798,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'm thinking that this will be a place I will be spending alot of time in when I make the move to SLC as the Park City Haggis rugby team is located there.

1.What's the general consensus on this city/area/neighborhood?
2.Is shopping handy without having to go too far?
3.What's the commute into downtown like on a summer morning compared with a winter morning?

Thanks in advance.
Murray is a very nice area. Shopping is very convenient - there is a major mall in Murray (Nordstrom/Sears/Dillard's/small Macy's), an auto row along state street, and numerous strip retail centers. The commute into downtown should be around 15-25 minutes in the summer. Winter, it all depends on whether the roads have been plowed and if the commute is in the middle of a storm - anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour. I can't help you with apartment rents, but I think it would be difficult to find something under $600 (but, as I said, I don't have direct knowledge, so it's a guess).

Old 06-02-2008, 04:50 PM

5,112 posts, read 15,843,785 times
I lived in Murray while I attended the University of Utah. There is plenty of shopping within Murray or just a quick drive to any other suburbs to find specialty stores. As with any city/town, there might be a few "bad" areas or declining neighborhoods but for the most part, it's a nice place to live. Murray has three main zip codes: 84107, 84157, and 84123. Here's a link to some rental properties. You'll have to look through the results to isolate Murray zip codes.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:28 AM

12 posts, read 35,327 times
I live on the border of Midvale and Murry. There are so many restaurants, shops, dealer ships. I really like the area its so convient, its close to Salt Lake and Park City, my brother runs a restaurant up there, the commute isn't bad at all.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 PM

546 posts, read 2,101,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I lived in Murray while I attended the University of Utah. There is plenty of shopping within Murray or just a quick drive to any other suburbs to find specialty stores. As with any city/town, there might be a few "bad" areas or declining neighborhoods but for the most part, it's a nice place to live. Murray has three main zip codes: 84107, 84157, and 84123. Here's a link to some rental properties. You'll have to look through the results to isolate Murray zip codes.
there's zip codes in Murray:

which one has a better reputation for better schools? thanks.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 PM

77 posts, read 269,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'm currently looking for an apartment in this area. rentometer.com is a handy website for rent averages and has a nice little google map feature. It seems to me the nicer complexes that are relatively newer with more amenities are in the $700s for a one bedroom, and the not-so-nice complexes in lower income areas are in the $600s, but this can vary of course. I love the Murray area though, especially around the Jordan Parkway and east Murray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>