Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM

546 posts, read 2,204,495 times

Advertisements

Ok, how do you SLC people do this? I think I was suppose to post this under the finance forum, but I figure in order to find out the local info, where I live now in SLC, I better post this here. (just moved from hawaii 3 weeks ago. )

Here’s our tax situation, we have a small business, small income per year, but since we had that business, adding up to our regular annual income, we end up paying lots of tax. We don’t have much business expense….

Anyways, anyone have this experience in this area: all these years, we have an accountant whom will just do our tax, but not much advice unless I ask for specific questions. all the questions brought up was per my knowledge from what I heard, I need more advice, advice in areas where I didn't know that could save us tax on...tax shelters. What do you do and what kind of tax accountant do you hire?

We have found one but he said he charges $250 per hour if we need his tax advice whom can show us what to look out for to seek for tax shelter and therefore save tax during tax filing season. Is there other places where we can seek for advice for free of charge or a lower cost in Utah? not just for us asking questions, but someone whom can advice us based on our situation....

Is there any type of accountant out there who can take care of your tax situation throughout your daily life when you tell him/her that for instance you’re starting a new business, what do you need, what receipts to keep, what to log and what to file for tax shelter? Sorry for such a long question, was trying to explain my situation/difficulties as much as I can.

Or do any of you just pay the tax whatever you need to pay every year without thinking about these tax shelters? Do most people fall into this latter category like us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area