Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:20 PM

207 posts, read 809,473 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to one of these 2 areas. Retired and don't need to commute. Lived in the mountains all over the West so I am used to the snow. Anyone have opinions on these 2 choices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 07:12 PM

Or maybe neither one as I live in CO now.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Try posting in the general UT forum, they may have more info.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc57 View Post
Or maybe neither one as I live in CO now.
Or maybe either one, as you live in CO now.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Thanks.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,438 times
Midway is more progressive-by far-than Heber City. Heber can be very close minded if you are not part of the LDS religion..

Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 PM

20 posts, read 109,278 times
Default Midway quieter than Heber

I think this site is becoming a rant site for people who have a chip on their shoulder about LDS folks. It seems that the most popular posts are "us vs. them" in nature

Anyway, Midway is full of second homes so nobody lives there most of the time. Its very quiet and pastoral. Heber City is getting to be that way but has more of an indiginous population. The two are just a mile apart.

I prefer Midway because its a resort town. Quite, sleepy. I havn't seen any "progressive" people there. I havn't seen many people there at all!

Midway trumps Heber City in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
I was looking to retire to Heber City too. I loved the setting. But I was immediately put off by the LDS element. The realtor had the nerve to ask my religious affiliation. I immediately said, "that is none of your business," and walked out of his office.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 AM

139 posts, read 501,723 times
Is there a difference??

I mean, when I go there, it's all the same. I don't honestly think there's any difference at all between the two. Sure Midway has some resorts, but it's hardly a "resort town"....and you'll be driving to the stores in Heber City for anything you need anyway...but then again, it's only a few miles drive.

I always get the sense that Heber City has more of a sense of community than Midway as Midway seems to cater to vacation homes and visitors, where Heber is a real town with real amenities.

But in the end, you are still living in a beautiful area, considerably cheaper than Colorado (I would imagine), easy access to SLC for big city amenities, and at the doorstep of some of the best fly fishing and skiing in the west. You can't go wrong anywhere in the whole valley!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM

21 posts, read 66,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamikefoster View Post
Is there a difference??

I mean, when I go there, it's all the same. I don't honestly think there's any difference at all between the two. Sure Midway has some resorts, but it's hardly a "resort town"....and you'll be driving to the stores in Heber City for anything you need anyway...but then again, it's only a few miles drive.

I always get the sense that Heber City has more of a sense of community than Midway as Midway seems to cater to vacation homes and visitors, where Heber is a real town with real amenities.

But in the end, you are still living in a beautiful area, considerably cheaper than Colorado (I would imagine), easy access to SLC for big city amenities, and at the doorstep of some of the best fly fishing and skiing in the west. You can't go wrong anywhere in the whole valley!
I agree that both areas are about the same. Midway homes are more expensive and a lot are owned as second/vacation homes. Midway will be much quieter than Heber for this reason, although there isn't much of a sense of community in a lot of neighborhoods. However, there are some neighborhoods in Midway where most of the residents are residents year-round. Talk to a realtor to get a better sense of what the neighborhoods are like. Midway gets a little more snow that Heber, depending on the area. I have also noticed that it is a little colder, but only by a few degrees at the most. We've loved living in Heber and I'm sure you'll like either area. Maybe consider renting for a while so you get to know the area a little better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area