Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM

39 posts, read 113,602 times

Advertisements

Hilgi - where's the wine club?? Is it a neighborhood thing?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msfoom View Post
Hilgi - where's the wine club?? Is it a neighborhood thing?
Hi MSFOOM,

It is in Daybreak (South Jordan) but you don't have to live here, you just need an invite. If you are on Facebook search for "Daybreak Wine Club" and ask to be in the group, if you have trouble hit me up here via email.

It isn't tasting but more of a party, we had a music jam last month. It is a great way to meet people here.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM

550 posts, read 2,169,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
on a good day; traffic down I-15 during rush hour is miserable. the point of the mountain is infamous for pain and suffering during bad weather and will stand between you and your daily commute too.
Except the OP would be traveling the opposite direction of most cars during the commute, if he's going to live in Salt Lake and commute down to Lehi. However, it's still quite a lengthy 40-minute commute, at least for Salt Lake standards.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM

758 posts, read 2,241,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright600 View Post
Husband (domestic partner here in Seattle) is transferring to SLC. Any ideas on the climate towards gays? Neighborhoods to live or buy in that are welcoming and progressive? His commute will be down to Lehi, but I'd like to live in SLC. I have a cousin that lives in Park City and raves, but way too far for commute to Lehi. Cost of living? Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.
SLC just passed a city ordinance that made it illegal to discriminate towards gays in housing and employment. I know that seems pretty basic elsewhere in the U.S. (especially in Seattle) but that's pretty big for Utah.

You'll be fine.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 PM

42 posts, read 121,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
SLC just passed a city ordinance that made it illegal to discriminate towards gays in housing and employment. I know that seems pretty basic elsewhere in the U.S. (especially in Seattle) but that's pretty big for Utah.

You'll be fine.
...and it had the blessing of the LDS church which means that most people who would've struggled to accept gays now have to either accept or seem like they are rebelling against church leaders.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 AM

1,700 posts, read 5,933,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poqui View Post
...and it had the blessing of the LDS church which means that most people who would've struggled to accept gays now have to either accept or seem like they are rebelling against church leaders.
I heard about a story not too long ago where 2 gay men were thrown out of Temple Square for being publically affectionate.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
I heard about a story not too long ago where 2 gay men were thrown out of Temple Square for being publically affectionate.
That was a few months back, public protests were held, and it was before the Church's statement of support. Temple Square is private property, you know, property of the LDS Church. It's open to the public but under their rules as any property-owner has the right to do. Why it is private property is another discussion, not for this thread.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,431 times
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to inform me of SLC.

Google maps states the time to commute to Lehi from SLC takes about 40 min, is that accurate?
If not too late to advise - I would suggest southbound like Saratoga Springs area (near Utah Lake) that would get you much closer to Lehi

Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM

10 posts, read 15,344 times
Quote:
Husband (domestic partner here in Seattle) is transferring to SLC. Any ideas on the climate towards gays? Neighborhoods to live or buy in that are welcoming and progressive? His commute will be down to Lehi, but I'd like to live in SLC. I have a cousin that lives in Park City and raves, but way too far for commute to Lehi. Cost of living? Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Downtown Salt Lake City, Sugahouse, Avenues, Sugarhouse University of Uah areas are full of gay-friendly people and places. If you stay away from conservative family areas such as Draper, East Sandy, Holladay, Riverton, S. Jordan areas, you should be fine. SLC has thousands and thousands of gay and lesbian people. You won't feel out of place. Park City requires money.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
If you're still looking for info: I've lived in Salt Lake City for 12 years and it took some getting used to. My partner and I are very active in the community and know quite a bit about the city. It's completely different than anywhere else you might live. Life is easy and people are liberal IF you are in the right areas. SLC is an extremely conservative state because of the huge LDS population. West Jordan and Sandy are the worst... If you want to know more specifics I'd be glad to chat with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area