U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 PM

2,489 posts, read 6,544,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Just for educational purposes: a woman who has a thin frame/arms and a big chest usually - not always - has either had work done or is wearing a miracle push-up. Most people's physiques are proportional in every part.

Now you don't have to look at lots of other women!
I have a smaller frame and a big chest...

Mine don't look fake though..too bad for me! Maybe I would like them more if they did!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,208,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Just for educational purposes: a woman who has a thin frame/arms and a big chest usually - not always - has either had work done or is wearing a miracle push-up. Most people's physiques are proportional in every part.

Now you don't have to look at lots of other women!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionide View Post
Yes--exactly! Also, when they are too "high" or too round, it's a dead giveaway. Natural cleavage doesn't start at a woman's chin, and real breasts don't look like grapefruits cut in half and stuck to her chest.
that is kind of what i am talking about though; bras change everything, as does normal clothing. i don't consider myself expert enough to be able to tell when a woman is naturally large or not, and i am pretty sure that most of the people that are confident in their abilities to tell, are often wrong.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 AM

360 posts, read 1,069,111 times
All of you have missed the point, except for maybe the poster that said it was the culture. I think that has some merit. It's not a matter of less expensive surgery, etc., as higher demand for a product leads to higher prices, that's simple economics.It's a vain population, please read up on America's most sinful cities:America's Most Sinful Cities - Forbes.com, luckily, for now, I'm back in the most lustful of cities

Old 11-12-2009, 08:54 AM

835 posts, read 1,953,865 times
One thing that I noticed after getting back to work after having a baby, was the amount of people-mainly women, that were coming to Utah for cosmetic surgery. It is a matter of less $$ for the same procedure! I have encountered women that came to Park City, had the surgery and then stayed for a period of time for recovery-and still saved a bundle over the same procedure in NY/LA etc. If I had to give an opinion -and I will-it is just less expensive-or was-to do business in Utah. Rent is less, wages are lower and I would not be surprised if the malpractice insurance is less also. Vanity aside, the price is what is driving the somewhat higher rate of enhancements!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:13 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,208,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280milehiguy View Post
All of you have missed the point, except for maybe the poster that said it was the culture. I think that has some merit. It's not a matter of less expensive surgery, etc., as higher demand for a product leads to higher prices, that's simple economics.It's a vain population, please read up on America's most sinful cities:America's Most Sinful Cities - Forbes.com, luckily, for now, I'm back in the most lustful of cities
i don't think that disagreeing with the premise counts as missing the point.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 PM

769 posts, read 867,344 times
This is the first thread I've ever read that made me want to move to Utah.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM

360 posts, read 1,069,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
This is the first thread I've ever read that made me want to move to Utah.
thinkin that's funny, but according to some of these posts, women actually come from the hinterlands to take advantage of all those affordable platic surgeons.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:01 PM

19,857 posts, read 62,200,540 times
Not just Plastic Surgery but other kinds as well. Gastric bypass for one.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 PM

427 posts, read 1,234,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msfoom View Post
Hey - no judgements! If you feel a little nip and tuck will help you feel better about yourself - go for it. I have to say though, I didn't expect to see it so much in Utah. I guess I 'assumed' that with the whole "LDS treat your body as a temple thing" - that augmenting what God gave you would be a big no-no. Again, I don't care - I was just surprised. What are your thoughts?
Is this stemming from reports you've seen, ads, or just from people you've met and general observation?

I think people in Utah are just more into working out, looking good and being healthier than people in many places (read: Houston).

Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 PM

39 posts, read 108,443 times
Hi Mr Anderson,
My question came from pure observation. I meant it with curiosity and humor and meant no disrespect. I have only been in Utah a little over a month. I am learning quickly from neighbors and people on this forum that many stereotypes regarding Utahans are false. So far I really like the area and everyone seems very nice. I do agree with you that Utah is one of the healthiest states. (that I've seen on reports) Previously I thought it was because the church encourages proper fitness. That may or may not be true - I don't know. Anyway - I like all nice people no matter their religion, race or physical appearance. And again, did not mean to disrespect anyone.
Ms Foom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area