U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM

26,302 posts, read 27,786,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Hmm...possibly. I prefer to think of it as "good people friendly" though.
You can't possibly be implying that there are "good people" who don't share the same religious beliefs!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 AM

762 posts, read 2,035,522 times
In addition to the many neighborhoods found by our fellow forum contributors (it's amazing!), any neighborhood that is a majority non-Mormon is pretty likely to be especially friendly to non-Mormons.

So... pretty much any neighborhood in Salt Lake City proper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey1234 View Post
I don't think there is a neighborhood in UT that is non- mormon friendly (lived here 25 years). I suggest you find a church you like with a really good kids program & move near it. Suggestion: Shadow Mountain Church; WJ or Saint Frances Kearns. The schools have a good population of kids who attend these churches.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:29 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,674,448 times
I am also in one of "the ones" in Sugar House.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 AM

601 posts, read 1,863,178 times
You have to stay where you are, sorry we reached our quota of good non-LDS families.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 AM

23 posts, read 53,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe that's because you two are both Mormon-friendly. I'm pretty sure BuckEyezRule found another one! My gosh, they're everywhere! You're everywhere! You're taking over the state!
That's only because you are easily fooled by the ever-present scheme of lulling you into thinking there will be no shunning. It is just a matter of time. I have found one of those supposed 'non-LDS friendly' neighborhoods in Draper as well. Their deception knows no bounds. Just a few weeks ago, the ward women's book club pushed the limits. Not only had they let my wife join, they actually let us HOST October's meeting! They came over, were friendly, talked to our son, and had a good time. Of course, I am on to them, and know the end is near. The shunning will begin anytime.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 653 times
just moved here from Illinois and am non lds living in West Jordan with kids people are very friendly and our sons are always playing with other kids.I could care less what religion a person is and perhaps not worrying about it reflects.Utah is a great state and I would rather have religious persons than crooked politicians as back east
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area