Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 20,832 times

Advertisements

I have been going to Westover for a little over 2mo...at first everything was great until I had to have a crown. When taking off the temporary crown, the dentist tried working on my tooth without any numbing stuff... It hurt so bad...then she has the gull to ask me if it hurt! Umm, yes, my tooth is still "live" and you are using suction and water on it... Then to top it off, the one they ordered didnt fit right so I had to do another impression that same day only to get a call a few days later that I need to go in again for yet another impression! I cannot bring myself to go through that pain again. I know I will have to and let them know up front to not touch me until I am all numbed up. Then they advertise the 6mo braces...but referred me to another orthodontist for the same thing... They do "advertise" the 7am appt and late appointments, but then I get calls from the office if I can schedule anything earlier...thats why I schedule them that late, duh... I also have never had the same hygenist the 4 times I have been there...

I will be looking for another dentist after all this crown stuff is behind me...

Last edited by julismommy; 06-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: add comment on hygenists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 752 times
Run away as fast as you can. I had work from them in 2009 and so wish I went to someone else a the time. If you do go there just listen to your sixth sense and don't let them bully you. The whole experience was awful. They are in it to make money, not be a patient advocate.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM

126 posts, read 249,718 times
They were owned by a local dentist at first. At some point in the last couple of years (I can't remember when) he sold it to a corporation. It is your typical corporate dental office like Monarch or Castle. They serve a place in the community the same way that Burger King does. It may not be for you, but there are people out there who have a specific crappy DMO or other plan that necessitates they go corporate. Unless you get lucky you will probably have multiple clinicians involved with your care over time. Some people like continuity. If so, corporate dentistry is not for you.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
We started going To WFD when it was just the one dentist. Soon after, the place expanded like crazy and we started receiving subpar service. I noticed the high turnover rate also. We have since started going to Stillwater dental in Alamo Ranch and they have been great!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM

47 posts, read 90,671 times
My family and I were also patients at Westover Hills / Lemon Tree for a few years. We left as well. It got to the point where they wanted to have us all seen for cleanings every 3-4 months, and they would always find excessive problems which needed immediate correction. The last straw was when they gave my 6 year old an ugly metal cap for what was supposed to be a simple filling. He was supposed to get 2, but he was in such pain after the first one that we postponed the 2nd one. We went to a different dentist instead, who fixed it in less than 5 minutes with a tiny simple filling.

In addition, they would always call to change our appointments, sometimes just changing them in their system without notifying us. We'd just get a call the day before confirming our "3:30 appointment" which was written down by them on a card for 4:00pm.

The place looks nice (TV's everywhere etc.), but the more I asked around, the more horror stories I heard about this place. Look elsewhere....

Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdad View Post
My family and I were also patients at Westover Hills / Lemon Tree for a few years. We left as well. It got to the point where they wanted to have us all seen for cleanings every 3-4 months, and they would always find excessive problems which needed immediate correction. The last straw was when they gave my 6 year old an ugly metal cap for what was supposed to be a simple filling. He was supposed to get 2, but he was in such pain after the first one that we postponed the 2nd one. We went to a different dentist instead, who fixed it in less than 5 minutes with a tiny simple filling.

In addition, they would always call to change our appointments, sometimes just changing them in their system without notifying us. We'd just get a call the day before confirming our "3:30 appointment" which was written down by them on a card for 4:00pm.

The place looks nice (TV's everywhere etc.), but the more I asked around, the more horror stories I heard about this place. Look elsewhere....
I had the same thing happen there! They told me I had receding gums and that I needed to come in every 3 months and have some deep cleaning done. When I went to Stillwater, they said that my teeth were in excellent shape and was shocked when I told her what WFD had told me.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

410 posts, read 923,451 times
Wow...thank you ptdad and luckygreeniii for sharing. Am glad you each left for "greener" pastures and are happier with new dental provider.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:37 AM

410 posts, read 923,451 times
Boundless gratitude to xflygirl1 and JAustinDDS. Thank you for sharing...

Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 AM

85 posts, read 201,093 times
It looks like it has changed ownership since I wrote my last post, and I'm not nearly as enthusiastic as I used to be. The 7am appointments were great, but now I spend 15 minutes to half an hour in the waiting room before a receptionist and hygenist arrive.

I used to have the same great hygenist every time, but now it's always someone different.

I'll probably be shopping around soon.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Have a friend that just got a root canal from hell there. Some of the solution they use leaked down into her gum and She has a chemical burn that has turned her jaw all purple and yellow like a bruise, there is a huge bump and it still hurts so bad she is on pain pills two weeks later.

I'm just saying.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio