Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 11:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times

Advertisements

I recommend Castroville

oh... lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
Hello all, I know resurrecting old threads is kind of taboo but I'd really love some feedback now in 2018.

How's the commute now?
How has Boerne changed since 2010?
What is known about upcoming commute changes and city growth?

Many thanks!

There are some significant delays with all of the work going on along I-10. When completed, they will add significant capacity to the interstate.

Right now, there are 2 active projects on I-10 in Boerne. At 46/Bandera Rd. and 10, and at HWY 87 (South Main St.) and 10. Once completed, these projects will reconfigure outdated intersections, convert frontage roads to one way, add exit and entrance ramps, and add protected turn around lanes at the intersections.
Project Link Here

Traveling towards San Antonio, the project between Fair Oaks Pkwy and Ralph Fair Rd. is nearing completion. This included a new overpass at Old Fredericksburg Rd, reconfigured off and on ramps, and reconfigured overpass/intersection at Fair Oaks Pkwy. The frontage roads convert to permanent one way travel this Friday Sep 7, 2018.
Project Link Here

From Ralph Fair Rd. to 1604 there is a large scale project to add additional capacity to the interstate. Two new lanes are being added in each direction, one general purpose, and one HOV lane. This project is scheduled to be complete in 2021, but the the new general purpose lanes will be opened sooner, as completed.
Project Link Here

Boerne has experienced significant growth since 2010. They have added 2 new elementary schools, with a third in the works, and a new middle school to be opened for the 2019-2020 school year. With the growth comes the expected traffic backups. There is a lot of new development going on in, and around Boerne as well. This is met with a mix of excitement, and opposition, depending on what the new projects are. Kendall county is one of the top 5 counties with population increase in the country right now, along with Comal county to the east.

You can miss much of the traffic backup if you have a flexible work schedule. I try to be on the road between 5:45am and 6:00am. If I leave after 6:15am, it adds about 20 minutes to my commute.

Last edited by TXStrat; 09-04-2018 at 09:25 AM..

Old 05-30-2019, 12:20 PM

858 posts, read 681,572 times
Currently the commute from/to Boerne / San Antonio can be over an hour during "rush hour". Much worse than anything in Austin, Dallas or Houston. But as others have stated it should get better once all IH-10 improvements are made.

The issue is that now the Huebner Oaks to and past Boerne is now all one giant contiguous suburb of San Antonio (white flight to hill country) and IH-10 is the only way in or out of the area. Typical urban sprawl.

A public transit system from Boerne to downtown San Antonio would help greatly, but that is not likely to ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio