Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 AM

191 posts, read 452,353 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info! My husband went through Floyd while he was still at the Academy, and we went through Isabel together in DC, which was very interesting. We didn't have any damage, but a tree fell on the townhouse next door, and in the street, so we couldn't leave the neighborhood, but it wasn't a big deal. We didn't even lose power. I love a good storm, so I will be checking the weather often for updates!

This will be a first for the kids; they have not been through a good storm in their memory because CA has pretty tame weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,738,248 times
Sweet. Hope it rains a lot here!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,393,696 times
Just saw Mike Osterage of KSAT on the news. He says the storm track has shifted north.

As the days progress near landfall, they'll have storm updates from NOAA every 6 hours (I believe) so keep tuned to the news!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,219,958 times
Thanks for all the kind words y'all I'm glad to bring the latest info.

Since 4 AM the forecast track hasn't changed much. The NHC is still calling for a Brownsville landfall Thursday morning. For San Antonio, scenario 1 and 2 appears the most likely based from my previous post.

One thing that I'm getting increasingly concerned about is the threat for tremendous flooding from San Antonio on south.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,562,458 times
I'm supposed to go camping up around Utopia Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I wonder if the rains will be heavey that far north. Swollen rivers could be a real problem in the area where we will be.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:16 PM

The heaviest rain would occur on Thursday, and maybe even Friday if the storm slows down. By then we'll have a much clearer picture where the flooding will be.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,802,847 times
Here's the latest satellite imagery as of 4 pm today.

There appears to be a little indentation where the oil spill is located.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Thank you all for again for all the kind words and rep comments

Models have flipped once again favoring a more southerly track just south of the border. If this track which lines up with scenario 2 verified, we still could see heavy rains given the size and ample moisture available inside of the storm. Again, scenario 2 means we wouldn't see hurricane force winds, but we'd still see heavy rain and possibly isolated tornadoes from the outer bands of Alex. Model agreement is increasing mainly due to the amount of time between now and landfall decreasing.

However, it's possible for the model consensus to flip to another location again. The NHC has summoned a very thorough flight path for the Air Force Reconnaissance flight through the storm this evening and all it's data will be ingested for tonight's model runs. I'll make a post around 2 AM tonight with the latest analysis on the projected storm path.

EDIT: I'd like to note that Alex is stationary right now, which means could buy up more time to intensify greater than currently projected. However, this would also buy time for the upper level ridge over the Great Plains to build favoring a more southerly track into Mexico. Again, I'll let you know tonight what the models think.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 PM

990 posts, read 3,176,372 times
Good work Anthony, deep through analysis. Did you see that more models are turning to Texas now Yikes!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 PM

324 posts, read 1,304,382 times
Is Alex related to the rain and storms we had tonight? Saw a nice cloud earlier with the beginnings of a tornado near windcrest earlier tonight - thankfully it dissipated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio