Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 03:47 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times

Advertisements

Wow, all the McDonalds hate in this thread....

HATERS GONNA HATE.

So after all the dissing is done with, ya'll go over and pig out at Olive Garden, Red Robin, etc....and you end up eating more calories than a Big Mac, lol.

Signed,
Micky D's supporter (but I haven't eaten there in months)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 PM

14 posts, read 34,627 times
Hey, as long as Taco Cabana on Stone Oak stays. Real Chicken, real beef, good prices, me likey. Half of Stone Oak seems to be there on the weekends, the inside is packed, drive thru has 10 cars in it all the time. As for McD's, it's a free county, let them build it, if the rest of SA feels as many do on this board it will fail. Like that will happen. BTW, I eat at McD's once in a while and so does my daughter, guess I am the bad dad, but my kid loves me

Old 08-29-2010, 04:10 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wow, all the McDonalds hate in this

Signed,
Micky D's supporter (but I haven't eaten there in months)

isn't it interesting how both the McDonald's lovers and haters ALL feel the need to add a disclaimer. "Love their burgers....buuuut I only eat there on my birthday." "Kids get the happy meals...but we haven't been there for weeks..." "Hate McDonalds, but like the fries...but only order them sometimes I swear"

I'm a McDonald hater but eat there on rare occassions due to the kiddos. Will say this though....beginning to love those Angus burgers. Darn it.

Stunned by the amount of biz that new McDonald's is getting. Although drove by the other one near Blanco and 1604 and the parking lot was empty. Know both restaurants are owned by the same person so it won't matter either way I guess, but wonder how much business is being lost to the Stone Oak one.

Also thrilled there are no golden arches at the new one. Restaurant was tastefully done I must say, but kids still drive me crazy each and EVERY time we drive by there just as I had feared. Did go through the driveway (add disclaimer: toddler did not scream and cry at the dentist and received that as a reward ) and they messed up the order. Fries were still gross, but employees were nice.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Ya yea...I don't eat there 'cuz I don't really eat out, period. I have chronic acid-reflux so any little bit of carbs flares up my heart burn symptoms.

Btw, I'm not really a McD's supporter, I just like playing the under-dog in these threads :0P

Old 08-29-2010, 05:05 PM

321 posts, read 1,069,584 times
I think it was the last issue of Welcome Home SA - Stone Oak edition that had an article on the new store. It mentioned it is the most expensive McDonald's in Texas, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary - except for a modern decor and that electronic wall game at one of the booths. I image that prime corner lot must have cost a lot which is what drove the price up. FYI, the McDonald's franchise web site mentions it costs anywhere from $900K to $1.8million to open one up and you need a 40% down payment from non-borrowed assets. Anyone know anything about Raul Flores - the owner mentioned in the article?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:49 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
I think it was the last issue of Welcome Home SA - Stone Oak edition that had an article on the new store. It mentioned it is the most expensive McDonald's in Texas, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary - except for a modern decor and that electronic wall game at one of the booths. I image that prime corner lot must have cost a lot which is what drove the price up. FYI, the McDonald's franchise web site mentions it costs anywhere from $900K to $1.8million to open one up and you need a 40% down payment from non-borrowed assets. Anyone know anything about Raul Flores - the owner mentioned in the article?
from what I understand he started out as a crew worker and worked his way up to eventually owning 4 or 5 or however many restaurants in SA. Inspiring "American dream" story.... he's obviously doing well.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Umm, McD's hater here and haven't eaten there for nearly 10 years now. The last time I went in for a meal at that 'eatery' was for a salad and it was so plastic tasting, I left half of it behind. Never, ever again.

My parent wouldn't let me eat fast-food as a child and when I have kids, I'll impose the same standard.

As for WHERE I eat, it's pretty clear through various threads on this MC that I have my favorite local spots. I eat well, but I also eat healthy. McD's makes itself easy to hate. I'd assume the reason that the Stone Oak location is doing gangbusters business is because ANYTHING new and chain-driven in Stone Oak seems to do well... Befitting the general nature of the area.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio