Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:34 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why is it that you guys keep on making this about race?
That comment was in reference to the poster that MADE it about race. The majority of the people here are supporting the LAW.

The poster that's in here arguing with everyone is trying to discredit arguments by acting like people are racist. If you'd take the time to READ all the posts, you'll see that MOST of the people in here are coming down hard on the few posters that made this about race and financial status.

It's got nothing to do with race, and that's the point.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 PM

81 posts, read 188,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
The hostility against immigrants (legal and ilegal) displayed by posters here is frightening. Yes, she is guilty of minor traffic violtions and of not carrying with her proper ID.
This unfortunately happens thousands of times around this great country, and is obviously NOT why this story is newsworthy.
The reason this is newsworthy is a police officer (yes, aledgedly) threatened this lady with deportation without authority.
It is obviously a widely and wildly unpopular note. Why? Because xenophobia clouds peoples minds, as evidenced by the numerous incoherent posts in this thread.
I am not defending this lady's careless and yes, illegal actions. I am just trying to underscore and draw attention to the allegation of deportation, which is the key part that makes this whole thing newsworthy.
I agree 100% with you Torero, it brings me back to my earlier post quote;
"Some of the comments on this thread makes you wonder about the mentality of the ones living right next door, it's really a shame but it's also the reality. "

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball View Post
"Some of the comments on this thread makes you wonder about the mentality of the ones living right next door,
I'll tell you what MY mentality is.....SIMPLY ABOUT THE FEDERAL LAW.

Quote:
it's really a shame but it's also the reality. "
What's a shame is that people get away with violating federal law as I'm sure there's been tons of incidents, throughout the country, where people have been let go without showing any proof of citizenship to the officer thereby not following the enforcement of the laws on the books.

What's also a shame is that Ms. Esquivel falsely accuses a police officer of profiling her (during her press conference SHE put out there making it public about her numerous violations and one of them being federal law by not having her papers with her).

Booo-hooo, looks like Ms. Esquivel was mad that he didn't let a rich, arrogant, self-entitled Mexican lady go by so easily. Her husband had to bring her papers to the officer. She probably thinks she can get away with it because she's well-off. I'm GLAD the officer did HIS JOB. That's what he gets paid for. To do his job!

She's lucky I wasn't the cop, for if she did not have her papers on her (which is required), I would have called ICE to take her away as fast as you can say, "Enjoy your return back home!"

Apparently, the federal law MEANS NOTHING TO SOME PEOPLE. It sure meant NOTHING to Ms. Esquivel who didn't have her papers on her when it's required by federal law.

People can try to make this about hate or race, or racial profiling all they want, but the facts are the facts. If you don't follow the law, then bad things will happen!

Last edited by xsa210tx; 07-13-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 PM

81 posts, read 188,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
I'll tell you what MY mentality is.....SIMPLY ABOUT THE FEDERAL LAW.

What's a shame is that people get away with violating federal law, among other violations found by the officer in Ms. Esquivel's case, and then Ms. Esquivel falsely accuses a police officer of profiling her (during her press conference SHE put out there making it public about her numerous violations and one of them being federal law).

Booo-hooo, looks like Ms. Esquivel was mad that he didn't let a rich, arrogant Mexican lady go by so easily whithout showing her papers. Her husband had to bring them to the officer. She probably thinks she can get away with it because she's well off. I'm GLAD the officer did his job.

Apparently, the federal law MEANS NOTHING TO SOME PEOPLE. It sure meant NOTHING to Ms. Esquivel who didn't have her papers on her when it's required by federal law.

People can try to make this about hate or race, or racial profiling all they want, but the facts are the facts. If you don't follow the law, then bad things will happen!
It seems to me that you're believing I defend this lady's actions, obviously your not reading or just don't see the point of this situation, regardless I'm done with this thread as you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:11 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
What's also a shame is that Ms. Esquivel falsely accuses a police officer of profiling her (during her press conference SHE put out there making it public about her numerous violations and one of them being federal law by not having her papers with her).
How do you know that it was a false accusation?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 PM

43 posts, read 112,685 times
Let's make one thing clear here: HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE. NEITHER IS LATINO, OR MEXICAN.
Therefore it is unlikely this is racial profiling. If someone is driving around without a driver's license, that's breaking the law period. Stop pulling the race card.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 AM

340 posts, read 645,577 times
Default Dash cam w/ mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Too bad there wasn't an in-dash camera with microphone.....
I'm surprised Shavano Park PD doesn't already have those systems. That would give us what really happened out there...instead of the he said/she said. It keeps the police accountable and gives proof of what happens during a traffic stop in the event the suspect wants to start a victim media blitz.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin522 View Post
Let's make one thing clear here: HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE. NEITHER IS LATINO, OR MEXICAN.
Therefore it is unlikely this is racial profiling. If someone is driving around without a driver's license, that's breaking the law period. Stop pulling the race card.
There is still ethnic profiling.

I am a white, English speaking male. I am also a resident alien. At no point in my life has the status of my immigration ever come up in conversation

Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
How do you know that it was a false accusation?
I'll say this very slowly

She..... was..... pulled.....over....for ... an ... expired INSPECTION STICKER.
(KSAT video clip mentions this from 0 seconds to 15 seconds into the clip).

So her "claims" about racial profiling are baseless. If the LULAC nutcases believe it's racial profiling, from now on...if there are any Latinos around the country who might have expired inspection... stickers can now use the "racial profiling" defense.

I'm sure some will believe Ms. Esquivel over the cop, but I have a feeling the overwhelming MAJORITY will believe the cop over Esquivel especially considering she had no insurance, no driver's license, and no vehicle registration.

Ms. Esquivel should follow the law instead of pointing fingers. If she would have followed the law, she would have NEVER been stopped.

Last edited by Bo; 07-15-2010 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Edited 4th sentence as specified by its poster

Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
It seems to me that you're believing I defend this lady's actions, obviously your not reading or just don't see the point of this situation, regardless I'm done with this thread as you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
You're the one who said, "I agree 100% with you Torero."

Oh, and maybe the horse didn't drink because he/she wasn't thirsty. The horse will get thirsty eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio