U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 AM

25 posts, read 118,700 times

Advertisements

tcs, Shawn Phillips?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 07:29 AM
tcs

217 posts, read 788,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
tcs, Shawn Phillips?
YES THAT IS THE DUDE, The ballad of Casey Deiss

I have trying to think of that for YEARS!!! DAMN thanks man!!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM

I remember in high school hearing this girl loudly say "I worship Shawn Phillips!!!!" as across the room I see her dropping to a praying position. Got my attention as to needing to know what the fellow sounded like that would have that kind of effect on a young lady.
If you go to Rhapsody (Rhapsody Online - Free access to millions of songs online) they have a couple of his albums digitized..in case you wanted to be nostalgic or hear those nails on the chalkboard again.

I have some more goodies on my KEXL site...don't forget to check it out on occasion.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:51 AM

58 posts, read 182,435 times
Default looking for a song

I remember a song in the late 70's (maybe early 80's) that I used to hear on 99.5 KISS.

The song has been kind of haunting me lately and I can't think of what it is.

It starts out with a guy saying something like "Penny for your thoughts" and then goes on to tell a story about a girl named Jenny.

I also remember him singing something like:

"Ain't no sense to ***** about it 'cause we all know what's gone wrong. When it's late at night and your in your bed, the bad don't seem so wrong"

Something like that.

Ring any bells?

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:04 PM

I could hear that tune in my head after you descibed it...I was thinking Rush but didn't find it in their catalog. Then I Googled and found a website where another person was trying to identify the artist and song. Looks like the artist was called Garfield and the song Private Affair - album "Out There Tonight" 1977 - check out the website

Lyrics Talk - Lyrics Forums

Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Here is the Garfield / Private Affiar cut on YouTube

YouTube - Garfield - Private Affair

Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 PM

Default wow

It's been thirty years!

Brings back memories. I never found anyone who knew what I was talking about. I just visited the myspace page and saw that someone else from San Antonio had been looking for this song.

Wish it was on CD.

Thanks Jay P for finding this!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 PM

I just noticed that the one who posted that youtube video is also from San Antonio.

But the band is from Canada. That's so weird.

Cool but weird.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 PM
tcs

OMG, Penny for your thoughts!!!! When I was reading your post I screamed GARFIELD, but jay beat me to it. Cool! Jay thanks for the links. While we are at it, Mike Oldfield and Tubular Bells!! Spark that on up in your mind....Goodnight!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:11 AM
tcs

Jay. I remember the night that Alan layed the lady down. That was a tearing night and at the same time really pissed me off that the bean counters did what they did. But what could we do. When this happened I was alone in my room listening to this on headphones so not to wake the folks. CRied like a baby! It was great to hear the last seconds again. I had given my tape to Alan years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio