Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:23 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,326 times

Advertisements

We usually have season tix but this year, but this year between buying a house and my entering a PhD program, we significantly downgraded to a 7-game package.

So our first game was last night and I was so happily surprised at the changes that have been made!

• The programs are free (!!!) and include a (nearly useless, but hey... free) scorecard
  • Better service at the concession stands
  • New between-inning games
  • And best of all? A REAL LIVE ORGANIST PLAYING A REAL LIVE ORGAN!!!
Go support your Missions (or your Cardinals, when they're in town... )!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
I'm going on SSFCU car giveaway night. My son needs a new ride and I'm a lucky person. Much luckier than the chick last year, who got smacked with a ball TWICE on car giveaway night, and still didn't win a car. I love the Missions games, and wish I could make it to more of them.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Same here, we haven't been to a game this year but not from a lack of desire! We love the Mission games, and we're really going to make an effort to go now that the kids are out of school...

Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,470 times
My wife and I went with some friends when they played the Northwest Arkansas Naturals in April. Funny thing is, a guy that went to my college(James Madison University) is on the team. I remember watching him at college games. He was really good. His name is Kellen Kulbacki.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM

188 posts, read 550,898 times
We've been to two games so far this season, including one last night. It's great fun, and my three year old loves the kids play area with all the bouncies and slides. And my husband loves the beer man.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM

81 posts, read 232,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm going on SSFCU car giveaway night. My son needs a new ride and I'm a lucky person. Much luckier than the chick last year, who got smacked with a ball TWICE on car giveaway night, and still didn't win a car. I love the Missions games, and wish I could make it to more of them.

I will be there that night also! Good luck on winning!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
My wife and I went with some friends when they played the Northwest Arkansas Naturals in April. Funny thing is, a guy that went to my college(James Madison University) is on the team. I remember watching him at college games. He was really good. His name is Kellen Kulbacki.
Yeah, I know Kellen. I had a hilarious conversation with him yesterday while he was coaching first base. He threw a ball to a kid in the crowd who was just DYYYINNNNG to get the ball, to the point of being really obnoxious. Stupid kid hit the ball with the edge of his glove and sent it rolling into the Cards' dugout, where it stayed. So of course I made a comment about Kellen's throwing arm, at which time the conversation sort of went downhill (laughingly - he was cracking up at the middle-aged lady talking smack to him!).

Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-n-Beer View Post
I will be there that night also! Good luck on winning!
Good luck to you, too!!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM

165 posts, read 463,819 times
We went to our first Missions game tonight! It was great!! We sat first row right behind the relief pitchers/catchers of the Cardinals. It was my son's first real game experience. At one point during the game, one of the Card's pitchers handed my 5 year old a ball which he was THRILLED, over-the-moon, about! I swear his eyes were the size of silver dollars. Not once during the game did my son ask for a ball (he didn't know it was even possible, I think), but he did bring his mitt to the game. The player gave the ball to my quiet and well behaved kiddo much to the dismay of the mob of kids to the side of us who SCREAMED for a ball, ball, ball, BAAALLLLLLL anytime someone walked past.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM

holmesmic, we were sitting one section over, in 112 in the front row, and I saw when your son got the ball!

So glad you guys had a positive experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio