Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 PM

72 posts, read 165,205 times

Advertisements

Yahoo!!! We are here! Actually we've been here since July 11th, but have been so incredibly busy as you can imagine. It's been so much fun exploring the city with my family. My Husband has been off since the first of July and checks in on the 30th of July, so it's been nice having him around all of this time. We are currently living on TLF at Randolph and boy has it been a really great experience. We live in a furnished 3bd. 2.5 bath town home with a fenced back yard for our dog! So much better than a hotel for sure. Our home is almost completed, but for those of you who have built before understands that the completion date is usually not very accurate , but so far so good.

It's been nice checking up on the house and meeting our future neighbors. And all of you were so right. We LOVE this part of town! Everyone has been so nice! From restaurants to stores to malls, man I can go on and on. My only complaints are the mosquito bites all over my body! And can you believe that I'm the only one in my family that has been bitten? My legs look horrible! It comes with the territory, I know, but I'm so itchy!!

Other than that, life is pretty good right now. I'm so happy to finally be here!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
Glad you're here (and distracting the mosquitoes with your new blood...)!

Enjoy your adoptive hometown - there's plenty to do and see, as I'm sure you're finding out.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almitainCO View Post
Yahoo!!! We are here! Actually we've been here since July 11th, but have been so incredibly busy as you can imagine. It's been so much fun exploring the city with my family. My Husband has been off since the first of July and checks in on the 30th of July, so it's been nice having him around all of this time. We are currently living on TLF at Randolph and boy has it been a really great experience. We live in a furnished 3bd. 2.5 bath town home with a fenced back yard for our dog! So much better than a hotel for sure. Our home is almost completed, but for those of you who have built before understands that the completion date is usually not very accurate , but so far so good.

It's been nice checking up on the house and meeting our future neighbors. And all of you were so right. We LOVE this part of town! Everyone has been so nice! From restaurants to stores to malls, man I can go on and on. My only complaints are the mosquito bites all over my body! And can you believe that I'm the only one in my family that has been bitten? My legs look horrible! It comes with the territory, I know, but I'm so itchy!!

Other than that, life is pretty good right now. I'm so happy to finally be here!
you will get tired of it within a few months. terrible drivers, even moreso in the rain. be prepared for nightmare traffic on any part of 1604 and the airport @ 410.

on the NW side we have tons of old 'tards who go 50mph on the highway, followed by dbags who go 110 in the fast lane. people dont realize that a speed limit is there for a reason and going beyond it is against the law. Texas has a backasswards law that states if youre impeding the flow of traffic you can get a ticket, even if youre impeding SPEEDERS. pretty pathetic i know.

the NW/NE sides are pretty decent. most other sides of town are pure trash.

ive never lived in a city that is 3/4ths ghetto. back in austin (worse than SA IMO), we had one ghetto, the east side. here in SA it seems like every side of town sans NW/NE is ghetto but they have pockets of 'nice neighborhoods' in those ghettos. i know i wouldnt want to live in a nice neighborhood surrounded by hood rats.

yes im blunt, but what i say is true. dont go to the east/west sides without a gun or backup also.

ps - for an 'unbiased' opinion on san antonio, please watch all the local news channels and make note of what side of town the violent crimes are on. you will rarely hear the NW/NE side, but you will always hear the southside!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:57 PM

144 posts, read 360,073 times
Moderator cut: off-topic

almitainCO, welcome to San Antonio. It just so happens that we pulled into town 5 days after you, and like you, we absolutely love it here.

By the way, we have friends who live on the East side. No guns necessary when visiting them so far.

Last edited by Bo; 07-29-2010 at 07:37 AM..

Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 AM

385 posts, read 626,229 times
Moderator cut: off-topic
Welcome to SA, AlmitainCO.

Last edited by Bo; 07-29-2010 at 07:37 AM..

Old 07-29-2010, 12:35 AM

13 posts, read 34,218 times
Ah, the honeymoon.......I have always thought no matter where yiou start over there is that blissful stage. Enjoy.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 AM

898 posts, read 2,894,412 times
talk about a debbie downer

Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
I'm not sure why someone can't like moving to a new city and enjoying their decision. It seems shortsighted/narrow-minded to assume it's only a "honeymoon" and that it will get old fast. Not everyone is going to hate San Antonio just like not everyone is going to love it here. I don't know why some people (on both sides) seem to confuse opinions of this city as fact.

Anyway, I apologize for intervening -- those posts didn't feel very welcoming at all. I'm really glad you're enjoying your move, almitainCO. Welcome to SA!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Welcome to Texas!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
SA is a poor city and lacks for many things. The old saying "you get what you pay for" absolutely applies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio