Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
People are humans. Dogs are animals. Restaurants are made for people. Dog parks are made for dogs. This is not a difficult concept, is it?
I can't rep this post enough.

The last few times I've been at Lowes of all places, I've seen people with dogs. WTF? Is the dog there to help pick out the lumber or decide which paint color is best? Just bark if this 2x4 has too many knots. WOOF! WOOF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post

The last few times I've been at Lowes of all places, I've seen people with dogs. WTF? Is the dog there to help pick out the lumber or decide which paint color is best? Just bark if this 2x4 has too many knots. WOOF! WOOF!
Well, they do sell doghouses and kennel runs!
It's probably a matter of being able to take the dog to Petsmart nearby then not having to leave the dog in the car.

My dog is a 20 pounder so I wouldn't be able to fit him discreetly in a large tote bag or something so if I do need to go to Petsmart and Lowe's, then I need to go to Petsmart, drop him off at home, then go back to Lowe's or just rearrange my errands.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Well, they do sell doghouses and kennel runs!
It's probably a matter of being able to take the dog to Petsmart nearby then not having to leave the dog in the car.

My dog is a 20 pounder so I wouldn't be able to fit him discreetly in a large tote bag or something so if I do need to go to Petsmart and Lowe's, then I need to go to Petsmart, drop him off at home, then go back to Lowe's or just rearrange my errands.
Why not just leave the dog at home at the house or backyard if you know you may come across any business where dogs are not allowed?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
I'm guessing it is this group:
The San Antonio Nature Hounds (San Antonio, TX) - Meetup.com

If not, lsdude, please share.

Dogs are also welcome at the Pearl Brewery farmers market (Saturday mornings).
It's become quite the trendy thing to do to bring your dog with you to the farmers market. It's also becoming more and more annoying. The market draws a very nice crowd on most mornings. Dogs running aimlessly about on leashes makes it difficult to maneuver around the market without getting entangled. I've also witnessed several instances where owners had to snatch up their dogs to avoid a dog fight. It's only a matter of time before someone gets bitten. I have to keep my drink cup raised high so as to not have some dog licking the water that has accumulated on the top. Most of the dogs look to be well cared for and for the most part friendly, at least with people they are comfortable with. But, dogs will be dogs. That's why I leave mine at home.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Why not just leave the dog at home at the house or backyard if you know you may come across any business where dogs are not allowed?
I do. Maybe I didn't come across as clear as I hoped.
In other words, I don't take my dog since he's quite a little big guy at 20 lbs.
If I'm doing errands and need to stop and both Petsmart AND Lowe's, I take him to Petsmart, take him home, THEN go back and go to Lowe's.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 AM

413 posts, read 741,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post

I brought my dog to Home Depot to look for flooring. How else can you check if the dog will scratch the floor or not? Besides, what's it to you? People need to learn to ignore things that don't affect them.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
It's become quite the trendy thing to do to bring your dog with you to the farmers market. It's also becoming more and more annoying. The market draws a very nice crowd on most mornings. Dogs running aimlessly about on leashes makes it difficult to maneuver around the market without getting entangled. I've also witnessed several instances where owners had to snatch up their dogs to avoid a dog fight. It's only a matter of time before someone gets bitten. I have to keep my drink cup raised high so as to not have some dog licking the water that has accumulated on the top. Most of the dogs look to be well cared for and for the most part friendly, at least with people they are comfortable with. But, dogs will be dogs. That's why I leave mine at home.
COMPLETE BS. I have never seen a dog fight there. I have never seen an unruly dog there. If anything, the dogs at the farmer's market are overly well behaved. Perhaps you should just relocate to a retirement home where dogs won't be able to bother you any more.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
But dogs ARE allowed at Home Depot and Lowe's.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM

615 posts, read 1,523,005 times
Quote:
But dogs ARE allowed at Home Depot and Lowe's.
Lol you've lost it man....

Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,870 times
Quote:
COMPLETE BS. I have never seen a dog fight there. I have never seen an unruly dog there. If anything, the dogs at the farmer's market are overly well behaved. Perhaps you should just relocate to a retirement home where dogs won't be able to bother you any more.
You're referring to something that I said and taking it out of context. I never said that I had witnessed a dog fight at the farmers market. I said that I had witnessed dog owners having to snatch up their dogs to prevent one. And I stand by that. I see it almost every time I am at the farmers market. It's not "BS" I assure you. Just last week I was standing in line at a produce vender's stall. The stall had three lines of customers. I was in the middle line. To the left of me was a gentleman with a very large dog on a chain big enough to tow a car with. I'm not exaggerating. To the left of me was a couple who had a small dog on a small dog leash. Three times the gentleman with the large dog had to hold his dog back with all of his might as the large dog tried to attack the small dog. He turned to explain to someone that " It's nothing, he just sees another little dog and small dogs set him off". I was genuinely afraid the dog might decide to bite me since I was between him and the small dog. Either you have not spent much time at the farmers market or you just don't want to admit that these things happen when you put a bunch of strange dogs together. Perhaps you just are not very observant. I don't just sit here and make this stuff up to make a point. I still say that it's only a matter of time before someones dog or someone gets hurt when things get out of hand and somebody tries to intervene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio