U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM

45 posts, read 309,917 times

Advertisements

Me again....looking for more help

Good morning. We are moving to SA this summer (281 and Sonterra) into a new house and have to do the typical new house stuff. I would appreciate any recommendations from the experts on these boards:

2) We have about 25 windows in our new house and need the typical need blinds and shades. In my last 2 houses, we simply went with Home Depot 2 inch faux wood white blinds (the cheapest ones!). Installation and blinds came to around $1100 in our last 2 houses.

I have made an appointment with BudgetBlinds and will look at Home Depot and Lowes. But does anyone have any reocmmendations for any other blinds places. We are still looking for 2 inch faux wood for most of the house, but also shutters on the 2 main front windows.

Thanks again.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 AM

2,212 posts, read 6,699,015 times
Here is a link to a recent thread on the same subject. Please use the Search function.

Plantation Shutters

Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 PM

469 posts, read 2,213,732 times
I purchased 2" faux wood custom Levolours from JC Penny's. They are almost always having some level of sale, mine were 70% off, I paid $1600 for 11 windows. You can probably do 25 windows for around $3000 if you hit a sale. They have plantation shutters there too.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:40 PM

9,191 posts, read 20,032,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I purchased 2" faux wood custom Levolours from JC Penny's. They are almost always having some level of sale, mine were 70% off, I paid $1600 for 11 windows. You can probably do 25 windows for around $3000 if you hit a sale. They have plantation shutters there too.
JCP has good prices on the blinds, all right....my problem was that they no longer install them here (Midland)..... :-( Whether that holds true for other cities in TX, I'm not sure. The lady at the desk told me that they no longer offer installation services on blinds at any store. She could be mistaken....so I plan to ask when I get to New Mexico.

I want a service that does ALL of it.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 PM

469 posts, read 2,213,732 times
You know I didn't even ask, I wanted to do it myself. I can't imagine that they wouldn't install plantation blinds though. The Levolours I can understand how they can get away with not installing, the plantations, not so much. I know Costco offers installation, try them.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:24 PM

470 posts, read 1,832,698 times
We went with "Affordable Blinds" (not the same as Budget Blinds, btw). They are family owned and operated so you will get extra special care. There is no minimum nor do they charge to come to your house for estimates.

We did about 21 windows, patio door, and five arches. Of the 5 arches, two are very large 72", a 36" arch, and two eyebrows. The patio door has a modular self-contained micro-blind in its own frame. Very cool. Three of our (large) windows are shutters (2 panels/2 sections per windows). We also went with shutters on the sidelights at the front entrance.

For blinds, we went with their mid-range product which is a Hunter Douglas equivalent. All blinds have very attractive 3" valances.

We payed roughly $3300 for everything which includes installation. Not bad considering about half the cost went towards shutters and arches.

We had a few glitches during installation as the installer we got was not that experienced. He only worked on a few blinds, the arches and eyelids. The more experienced installer and sales guy is actually correcting the issues. No concerns so far as they have been great about making things right. Shutters should be coming in next week or so.

One of my neighbors thinks I payed too much. He said he went to Home Depot and did his entire house for a few hundred bucks. I doubt what he got compares in terms of quality, especially with the heat out here. Also, with Affordable Blinds, you will get a custom sized blind that is cut to fit your window in terms of both height and width. You will also get very personal care and great service.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM

25 posts, read 74,788 times
We shopped around, and found that Home Depot (Lowes also), has the best prices.

We bought "Bali" 2 Inch Faux Custom (not off the rack) Wood blinds for 18 windows for $1,000.00

JCPenny has VERY high prices, and even with their "75% off sale", it would still have been twice as much, when compared to Home Depot.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 PM

116 posts, read 423,805 times
Default No Complaints here

We went with Vintage Blinds and had a GREAT experience with them! We had 18 windows, varying sizes, some oversized and paid $1100

www.vintageblinds.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio