Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 AM

104 posts, read 254,788 times

Advertisements

Hi, my sister is heading down to St. Mary's and is living off campus. Were no familiar with the area and were wondering where its good and affordable for her to live on her own.

She looked at apartments Castle hills area, closer to greater harmony hills, how are things around there? the price is about 500 bucks a month for a one bedroom, is that sound right?

other places we were looking at were on prothancho (sp?) and near the hospital on medical drive.

if theres any advice or help you can give that would be fantastic!!

thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,887,890 times
I'm guessing by what your saying that your sister is attending St. Mary's University. Go to the school's housing office and get help. They will give you a list of possible off campus housing.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Residence Life at St. Mary's University
Did you go to this link already for the Housing department? There are also bulletin boards around campus with ads on rooms for rent.
Best place to start but a lot of students choose to live on campus.
I'm guessing you were looking on Potranco and Medical which would be a bit of a drive or bus trip to the campus. A lot of students who do live off campus live in the immediate area in a older home with other St. Mary's students.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaskin View Post
Hi, my sister is heading down to St. Mary's and is living off campus. Were no familiar with the area and were wondering where its good and affordable for her to live on her own.
Since she is going to St. Mary's....I would recommend that she live in the Deco District (near Jefferson High School/Monticello Park) or Woodlawn Lake area.

Check out the local housing section of Craigslist at the link below (you can see pictures of most of the properties online). Type in the keywords (if you want) and go from there.

san antonio all housing classifieds - craigslist

Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaskin View Post

She looked at apartments Castle hills area, closer to greater harmony hills, how are things around there? the price is about 500 bucks a month for a one bedroom, is that sound right?

other places we were looking at were on prothancho (sp?) and near the hospital on medical drive.

if theres any advice or help you can give that would be fantastic!!

thanks guys
After you check out the links provided by members post here and ask your questions.

I do not know about Potranco but the Medical Area is nice with reasonable prices.

Good luck and I am looking forward to you returning to ask questions.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 PM

104 posts, read 254,788 times
Thanks for the help guys, we def checked out on campus housing but apparently theyre all booked up already. the guy at the dept said that he is not allowed to recommend any housing area except some books he gave us to look at.

regardless, my sister rented an apt in an area where apparently there are lots of students. the complex is nice. thanks for your help!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Justaskin: Where did your sis end up finding an apartment? In other words, what area of SA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio