Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

I agree to what is said about Security Service, but was not to pleased with SACU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Thank you all very much! Skeet and Alane I couldn't rep you again but I truly appreciate your honest response!
Your welcome Mrs. X! Good luck in your quest to find the bank that meets your needs!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Ok, just remembered something that got on my nerves about SACU. With a car loan, the deductible on your car insurance must be $500 or lower. Our insurance deductible was $530. Almost to their limit but not quite so we have to pay a bit more for car insurance for that $30 difference. Their McCreless branch location was moved and I didn't even get a email or newsletter or anything announcing the change. I get the statements through email No sign on the door either at the old location.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:59 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
I dealt with SACU years back, went through a nasty divorce - then found out they didn't report to the credit agencies. When I pointed out to them that they used credit agency info in determining loan approval, and that NOT reporting back to 'em was a one-way street (and unfair to folks such as I that had been good about paying debts in a timely manner), I was basically told "tough". Took me 5 years, but as soon as I got the last of my debt w/them cleared, I told THEM tough - and have refused to do business w/them since.
Used Jefferson State Bank for years - can't say enough good things about them. Went from them to Randolph-Brooks because I remarried, and my new wife had been w/them a long time, and really liked 'em. I've become a big fan of theirs now, as well. Our current home is financed through them. We've refi'd it twice since building it in '04 to get lower rates and shortened terms. Each time took a few minutes, a signing and returning a form they mailed to us, and a total fee of $500 per refi. We now have 8 years left to go on it, and unless they start giving money away, we likely won't refi again.<G>

RBFCU has branches all over the place - I'd definitely consider 'em!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I dealt with SACU years back, went through a nasty divorce - then found out they didn't report to the credit agencies. When I pointed out to them that they used credit agency info in determining loan approval, and that NOT reporting back to 'em was a one-way street (and unfair to folks such as I that had been good about paying debts in a timely manner), I was basically told "tough". Took me 5 years, but as soon as I got the last of my debt w/them cleared, I told THEM tough - and have refused to do business w/them since.
I checked my hubby's credit report, just in case (since we have a car loan with them) and it is reported. Whew! Thanks for having me look; if not, I would have been mad if it wasn't on there!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:08 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times
chalk a vote up for SSFCU, my boyfriend works in corporate there and they have excellent positive business practices. (and they spoil their employees)

USAA is excellent too.

RBFCU nickels and dimes which is odd for a credit union. their auto loan rates go up after 6 months of being low, and they opted their whole customer base in to an insurance fraud protection that began charging my savings $1 a month. that was annoying.

SACU lied to my mom about where her money was coming from, no mistake, direct lie ending in her paying a large fee.

and firstmark credit union doesn't have good online banking, but everything else about them is top notch.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
I like SACU because they've got more locations than some and then there's also their ATM's. I don't use ATM's very much because I"ve got my debit card, but they're there when I need them. I don't do the bill-paying service...I'd never do that...too many possible problems there. We can still pay our own bills the other ways.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM
SA5

60 posts, read 136,077 times
LOVE RBFCU! Have used their Bill Pay and it's just fine. I see all the votes for SSFCU...we liked them for awhile, but had a bad car loan experience with them and they were less than helpful in getting it fixed. RBFCU had/has amazing rates for their auto loans too. My son uses his debit card on his account quite a bit and they pay you back 10 cents for each purchase you make using the card. Firstmark is good too, but not too many locations around town.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,753 times
Another vote for SSFCU. Great customer service, and I also agree with the car loan rates you can't beat them. Used to be with Bank of America...had to many issues with them.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:59 PM

522 posts, read 1,132,610 times
i'm at ssfcu. they're ok, i had some very unusual snaffus (as did my husband) with our accounts and balances. i also don't like how they do their statements, fees were confusing and unaccounted for, and the balance was constantly wrong. perhaps that's changed, i really don't do a lot of transactions through my personal bank account. but, my father in law has used them for decades (which is why we went there, so we could send money instantly) and seems to love them. i know he handles all his bills through bill pay so they're doing something right i suppose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio