Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times

Advertisements

I wanted to pass on some information about a serious paranormal event taking place the weekend of Oct 8th and 9th. This is not a typical investigation. An internationally known guest will be in town for the weekend. This investigation does cost, but mostly to keep the guest list to a manageable number.

If anyone is interested in more information, then send me a DM. I will pass on the contact info.

Just FYI - I have absolutely no business connection with this event....just an opportunity to interact with two highly acclaimed paranormal investigators and their cutting edge technology. This could be a very rare chance to interact with them as they do not get to San Antonio very often.

They are almost 3/4 booked, so it will be first call first served for reservations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
This investigation does cost, but mostly to keep the guest list to a manageable number.
How deep do I need to reach into my pockets for the event?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
How deep do I need to reach into my pockets for the event?
I believe it's $100 per day/evening...but you do not have to attend both days. There are actually two separate events...one on the 8th in San Antonio, and the 9th at another location in small town not far from SA. I also think meals are included. DM me for the contact for exact info if you're interested.

Just FYI...I am a complete skeptic about paranormal activity and lean toward the historical research behind the "stories". I attended an event at this location that I had researched for a number of years. The hosts/owners of the property were chosen by this investigating team and I was completely impressed by the events that took place. This is not a "spooky" gimmick, or a John Edwards translation, or conjuring up demons or any kind of nefarious activity. The science behind this is astounding and what I found to be the most fascinating part of the experience.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I believe it's $100 per day/evening...but you do not have to attend both days. There are actually two separate events...one on the 8th in San Antonio, and the 9th at another location in small town not far from SA. I also think meals are included. DM me for the contact for exact info if you're interested.
$100 is bit on the high side for me these days. My back needed a new mattress, lol.
Thanks for sharing this link with us!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
$100 is bit on the high side for me these days. My back needed a new mattress, lol.
Thanks for sharing this link with us!
You're welcome~

Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
So is this going to be on a television show? Are these two investigators known for being skeptics and debunkers? Do they have any sensitives on their team?

To be honest I much prefer folklore and legends when it comes to ghost stories, you know asking the old folks what they know or heard growing up, instead of just running around in the dark with hi-tech gadgets.

I do wish you a great time at this event though and hope you generate enough buzz since I know this type of ghost hunting is most popular now.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
So is this going to be on a television show? Are these two investigators known for being skeptics and debunkers? Do they have any sensitives on their team?

To be honest I much prefer folklore and legends when it comes to ghost stories, you know asking the old folks what they know or heard growing up, instead of just running around in the dark with hi-tech gadgets.

I do wish you a great time at this event though and hope you generate enough buzz since I know this type of ghost hunting is most popular now.
I never mentioned a TV show, so please don't mislead anyone who may be interested. Since you're not interested, then there really was no need to post. As I said, I'm not getting anything out of this, and responding to DM's will take up a little of my time. I don't mind doing that for something that is worthwhile. I believe this is since I have attended one event last February. It was more educational than "entertainment". BTW - funds for this particular event go toward advancing studies among autistic children.

I do not want to get out of my league by explaining the technology. I'll just say this is beyond the trendy so called "hi-tech" gadget type of paranormal event.
The host of the event will be happy to explain the details for anyone seriously interested.

Enjoy your ghost stories around the campfire. That can be fun too.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 AM

Thanks to those who have DM'd me...I'll be responding asap!

M2 and his son have generously donated their time at this property after they received quite a bit of damage during recent flooding. He may be able to add his perspective of the property and how interesting it is. It's one of the most famous locations in San Antonio for paranormal exploration and has been written up in articles, books and even on television.

Just another note...this particular event will not be televised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio