Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

I never said they were rich and snobbish, just not the brightest bulbs in the ceiling fan and obviously masochists that love sitting in stupid traffic with no real benefits. It's still mostly the same chain restaurants, just takes you a lot longer to get to them and even longer to get to work. If that makes me jealous, then I guess I belong in SO too... Not!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,245 times
Anyone who quotes French proverbs belongs in Stone Oak. I do not care for both. Some of those "trees" over there are growing wild despite the drought!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I never said they were rich and snobbish, just not the brightest bulbs in the ceiling fan and obviously masochists that love sitting in stupid traffic with no real benefits. It's still mostly the same chain restaurants, just takes you a lot longer to get to them and even longer to get to work. If that makes me jealous, then I guess I belong in SO too... Not!!!
think you are right. You are way to bitter of a person to live up this away among all us stupid -- but happy -- people. Gawd RD, if it's not one thing your complaining about, it's another. Life is way too short to be this miserable.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
complaining it sort of his "thing" .... his "schtick" if you will.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
How was I complaining? I was simply pointing out some facts. Will anyone deny the traffic in SO sucks? Can anyone point out any benefit to living up there? It's still the same generic crap you find everywhere else in SA, you just have to deal with a lot more traffic. There's nothing special about it.

Anyhow, I've obviously ruffled a feather or two, but I'll get over it.. enjoy the commute, the tons of wasted gas, and the lovely lifestyle up there. I'll stick to my 15 minute commute and ability to get from point A to B in a reasonable amount of time with actual movement.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
Quote:
How was I complaining? I was simply pointing out some facts. Will anyone deny the traffic in SO sucks?
yes. Clearly you are relying on old information and not first-hand knowledge. If you actually knew this area you would know that Blanco Road has been expanded, many turn lanes have been added and the superstreet is completed. So, there just aren't that many traffic jams in SO anymore.

Quote:
Can anyone point out any benefit to living up there?
the schools, close proximity to the shopping, restaurants, the airport, austin and new braunfels, parks, family-friendly neighborhoods....

Quote:
It's still the same generic crap you find everywhere else in SA, you just have to deal with a lot more traffic. There's nothing special about it.
no graffitti, little crime, and it doesn't look like the rest of san antonio. Hurray!!

Quote:
Anyhow, I've obviously ruffled a feather or two, but I'll get over it.. .
how wonderful for you

Quote:
enjoy the commute, .
commute to where? I work, shop, eat and play all in stone oak. It has everything -- generic and non generic.

Quote:
the tons of wasted gas, and the lovely lifestyle up there. I'll stick to my 15 minute commute and ability to get from point A to B in a reasonable amount of time with actual movement.
think maybe you need to have some other kind of movement you know where. Might lessen the grumpiness...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM

I noticed Stoneoak forgot to mention the wonderful traffic on Stone Oak from 1604 all the way to Hardy Oaks especially by the hospital. That super street really is not that super and it is still a nightmare in that area at 530pm. Blanco road is a death wish around 2am when all those crappy bars let out. The schools really aren't that great. A relative of mine coached at Reagan and said it was terrible dealing with overzealous parents who were trying to live vicariously through their children. Those schools are no better than schools in SAISD, JISD, or where I work in NISD. As far as little crime nobody wants to go over in that area. If you break into a house how can you escape through all the traffic? They come steal from people like me on the NW side!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:03 AM

rd2007 you are my hero!

Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 3,776 times
Default Why do people consider the term "Mexican" as derogatory?

Yes, the SO night scene does have a lot of Mexican Nationals in it. I for one welcome the cash inflow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio