Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
 
4 posts, read 8,108 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Does anyone know who the developer will be? or when project will start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2009, 12:42 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,966,826 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdownmc View Post
Does anyone know who the developer will be? or when project will start?
Hopefully they never start. Traffic is already horrible there and is getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
 
Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,597,738 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Hopefully they never start. Traffic is already horrible there and is getting worse.
I was just driving by this area the other day and thought the exact same thing.

I wonder if the economy killed it or the over abundance of available retail in San Antonio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
17,107 posts, read 38,078,252 times
Reputation: 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendox View Post
I was just driving by this area the other day and thought the exact same thing.

I wonder if the economy killed it or the over abundance of available retail in San Antonio?
Remember that in '07, the toll road project was moving full speed ahead. I would guess the fact it's on hold and the slower economy have reduced demand for new retail space up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
 
1,131 posts, read 1,778,023 times
Reputation: 493
This development is still a go but with different developers. Fulcrum is taking over.

www.fulcrumsa.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
 
Location: San Antonio North
4,147 posts, read 7,997,163 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
This development is still a go but with different developers. Fulcrum is taking over.

www.fulcrumsa.com
They are taking over and will start to develop only 13 acres first. For all of you that complain about the traffic the original plan was to expand and realign Bulverde Rd so hope full that is still apart of the plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,671 posts, read 3,838,473 times
Reputation: 726
Another great example how money talks. That property stayed pristine for decades for several reasons. One was that the family did not want to sell and the other is that it is an environmentally sensitive area.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for progress but one of these days......... we are going to screw up the Edwards Aquifer. Do you really think the Developers care?. They more than likely live in Dallas, Houston, or out of state.

Increased traffic should be the least of our worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
 
1,131 posts, read 1,778,023 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for progress but one of these days......... we are going to screw up the Edwards Aquifer. Do you really think the Developers care?. They more than likely live in Dallas, Houston, or out of state.
The separate developers for this development live in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 AM
 
2,027 posts, read 7,021,218 times
Reputation: 638
Plus this aquifer doesn't just serve San Antonio (the contributing zone runs from Austin to Kinney County). I'm sure developers care about the place they chose to host their investments.

No developer wants to blow $250 million on a mixed-use development and surrounding housing to have it all become a desolate waste when the water is ruined! Yes these people are greedy, but that greed also implies that they will protect their investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,671 posts, read 3,838,473 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Plus this aquifer doesn't just serve San Antonio (the contributing zone runs from Austin to Kinney County). I'm sure developers care about the place they chose to host their investments.

No developer wants to blow $250 million on a mixed-use development and surrounding housing to have it all become a desolate waste when the water is ruined! Yes these people are greedy, but that greed also implies that they will protect their investment.
I am well versed when it comes to the Edwards Aquifer along with the towns / cities /farmers /rural areas /etc that use it along with locations of the Contributing, Transition, and Recharge Zones. I can tell you that there was a lot of negotiating that allowed that area to be built upon. I'm certain they will be required to put in basins for Stormwater Run Off but those are only as good as the required maintenance and the regulatory agencies that enforce that it is conducted.

Last edited by wellguy; 08-29-2009 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:26 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top