Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times

Advertisements

I need a venue that will do the ceremony and reception. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Sorry - but when we got married 12 years ago, our total budget was $2500 - "venue" was our back yard, services held at our church. We served BBQ (shoulder clod, sausage, chicken,), pinto beans, cole slaw, potato salad, etc.. Full bar w/pretty decent booze since it was at our place place and we weren't having to pay by the drink. Lots of iced tea, sodas, etc. We DID splurge on the cakes - about $350 for the wedding and grooms cake.
Oh - and that budget was for 150 folks....we had a special ceremony followed by a helluva celebration with some outstanding friends. We didn't care about impressing anyone - I just wanted to marry a VERY special lady and share the special time with our closest friends. Anyone that didn't like it, or thought it too "beneath" them was welcome to stay away - they weren't REALLY friends anyways.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
We have tons of thread on your topic:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...hlight=wedding

Congrats!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 PM

288 posts, read 926,555 times
SAFD Union Hall on I-10. Once you get your deposit back I think it's like $800, and if you have a sponsor is $500. You can do whatever you want there. Don't quote me on the prices, but i know it's not expensive.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Sorry, we spent 25 bucks on our 'wedding' day and our only guests were my mom, my uncle and about 6 strangers ready to sue their landlord as soon as we were done. Some did start crying when I did, though. The thought of planning a wedding always overwhelmed me. I remember my mil being a little annoyed because we didn't plan a celebration and then when she wanted register somewhere for gifts for a party I just told her I appreciate but I don't need it but if someone really wants to buy something to just get whatever. She ended up finally just registering somewhere for us. In the end it worked out. She ended up having to save money for two weddings for sil, lol.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 AM

78 posts, read 150,844 times
My sibling was best man at a local wedding recently, but I have no idea what locations there are. sorry, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Sorry, we spent 25 bucks on our 'wedding' day and our only guests were my mom, my uncle and about 6 strangers ready to sue their landlord as soon as we were done. Some did start crying when I did, though. The thought of planning a wedding always overwhelmed me. I remember my mil being a little annoyed because we didn't plan a celebration and then when she wanted register somewhere for gifts for a party I just told her I appreciate but I don't need it but if someone really wants to buy something to just get whatever. She ended up finally just registering somewhere for us. In the end it worked out. She ended up having to save money for two weddings for sil, lol.
25 bucks,? Very nicely done. Repped just for that. I only work as a sub teacher and the pay doesn't seem to buy too much in this economy, so I am quite inspired actually!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggletooth1977 View Post
My sibling was best man at a local wedding recently, but I have no idea what locations there are. sorry, good luck.

25 bucks,? Very nicely done. Repped just for that. I only work as a sub teacher and the pay doesn't seem to buy too much in this economy, so I am quite inspired actually!
It was that low because we just went to the jp, lol. I figured if we have a 50% chance of divorce, then I wasn't going to go all out. I'm a very positive person

Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,715 times
FutureMrsP & Carlitasway: y'all are awesome. Most women go nuts on the wedding budget.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM

78 posts, read 150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
It was that low because we just went to the jp, lol. I figured if we have a 50% chance of divorce, then I wasn't going to go all out. I'm a very positive person
if that's what you're truly happy and comfortable with, also perhaps conscientious yet whilst not of the school of "I do whatever want and don't care what anyone else thinks..." attitude, then major respekt..

Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,448 times
Default Photographer Suggestion

Hi, I believe you can do your wedding under $6k if you're willing to cut silly crap out.

Now, I want to suggest something for photographers for you. Something most don't think of. San Antonio College has an AWESOME photography department, both fine art and journalism. Knowing that I HIGHLY suggest going to talk with someone from there to do your wedding photographs. Ask them to do it free in trade for them building their portfolio, or at low cost since they are college students.
Knowing that don't be a PITA about stuff. Just accept a CD of images and go print your own stuff.

Just an idea - I hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio