Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 03:31 PM

37 posts, read 119,533 times

Advertisements

Well, the time has (finally!) come for me to take my "vacation" to San Antonio, so that I can decide where to sign my lease, and hopefully, where to apply for a paycheck.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is something going on the weekend of the 21st??? I really don't want to sit in my hotel every night just because I'm not sure what to do!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
hopefully it will have stopped raining by then...
you can go to a site like MySA.com: Entertainment
I believe it's the stuff that comes out every Friday in the local newspaper section called the Weekender.
most other news outlets also have things to do on the weekend published on Fridays.
other television stations here:
Home | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
San Antonio News, Breaking News, Headlines, Weather, and Sports - KSAT 12
FOX San Antonio

Where are you from in Michigan? I'll replace you while you're gone. I miss my home state..

Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Hi ohannahbanana,
Glad to have you come down. Here are some events on the city's website:

San Antonio Events - Complete San Antonio Events Calendar

Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 PM

10 posts, read 46,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohannahbanana View Post
Well, the time has (finally!) come for me to take my "vacation" to San Antonio, so that I can decide where to sign my lease, and hopefully, where to apply for a paycheck.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is something going on the weekend of the 21st??? I really don't want to sit in my hotel every night just because I'm not sure what to do!

Thanks!
What to do in San Antonio? There is always something to do.... THE RIVERWALK....THE Alamo, Institute of Texan Cultures, Tour the King William District...Follow the Mission Trail...all of which can be done in and around the downtown area. There's also SEA WORLD and SIX FLAGS FIESTA TEXAS. Or if you feel even more adventurous - take a scenic drive through the nearby Hill Country. As for night life...the Riverwalk has some great night time entertainment venues.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the help... I definitely plan on hitting the Alamo, and the Riverwalk. I was just wondering if there were any small festival-type events planned for that weekend, but it doesn't look like it.

Do you think I'll be okay wandering around town with a detailed map of the city, or should I mapquest some of the stuff before I come?

I really want to do the Riverwalk after dark, and see if I can find a nice little restaraunt/bar that has live music. Any ideas there?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:34 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
The landing always has some band, usually jazz related as it is a jazz place. I am trying to think of others but alas can't. IF you do get a car get one that has a gps in it if you can cause even mapquest is not that good sometimes. What type of work do you do?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 AM

I'm in SW Mi, and I manage a retail swimming pool store.

I know my rental car won't have gps, but I can always access it through my cell phone! Ahhh, the pleasure of technology.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:28 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Isn't Hell in SW Michigan? I was born in Adrian and grew up in Ann Arbor. One day I'll be back..

for here, just remember there are two loops, an outer (1604) and an inner (410). Get a good mental picture of that because directions here always revolve around these two loops. If someone says go this way on 410, get off at Bandera and go inside they are telling you to go in to the imaginary circle (whichever way you turn is dependant on which way you were going on the circle). For some reason this can be hard for new people to comprehend, but it's pretty easy when you picture it. Just always picture the two circles, with one being inside the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio