Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Rumor has it he was a concealed carrier with 2 shouldered Walther .22s........ but that's just a rumor....
Yeah, I read that as well; probably on the same forum. The guy that posted it said he's "crossed circles" with Yuchnitz numerous times in the past (they were acquaintances but not friends, from what I gather). He seemed to have a pretty good description/background on Yuchnitz, more than you can get from simply watching his commercials.

But Yuchnitz has molded himself into quite the local persona over the years; so it’s hard to distinguish between what is "real" and what is “legend” with this kind of character.

I just know if convicted, he’s going to a “real” bad place!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 12:11 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Yeah, I saw that post, too. I'm actually quite surprised to find out they were having some serious problems. He seemed like a pretty nice guy and he's got great entrepreneurial skills. It's quite sad, actually... but I guess that's life.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
.22s? I guess he was not expecting to get into any shoot out but thought he would have had to use them up close and personal? Or am I missing something?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
.22s? I guess he was not expecting to get into any shoot out but thought he would have had to use them up close and personal? Or am I missing something?
Trust me, a .22 can be very lethal, especially the higher-velocity rounds.

Plus, there is the argument that the lower recoil helps put more rounds on target faster that firearms of larger calibers.

Plus, most handguns are only accurate to 15-20 feet in most high-stress situations; except in the hands of the most experience shooters. Even then, you'd be surprised at how many "misses" there are in close-range shootouts, including those by police officers.

I prefer .45 JHPs for self-defense, or a 12-gauge with 00-buckshot (Magnum rounds for some real firepower! ); but I still have a healthy respect for the .22!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-26-2010, 03:21 PM

359 posts, read 773,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Trust me, a .22 can be very lethal, especially the higher-velocity rounds.

Plus, there is the argument that the lower recoil helps put more rounds on target faster that firearms of larger calibers.

Plus, most handguns are only accurate to 15-20 feet in most high-stress situations; except in the hands of the most experience shooters. Even then, you'd be surprised at how many "misses" there are in close-range shootouts, including those by police officers.

I prefer .45 JHPs for self-defense, or a 12-gauge with 00-buckshot (Magnum rounds for some real firepower! ); but I still have a healthy respect for the .22!

Cheers! M2
Of course it can be lethal..its a firearm. A pretty weak one at that. However, there are documented instances where people high on PCP or meth have taken a few 9mm shots to the head and still fought tooth and nail with cops. In most high stress situations a person is only effective within a distance of 5 feet maximum. There's not much point to factoring in distance when you engage a combatant with firearms under circumstances such an assault or robbery. For close up situations such as these, you'd be better off with a something that has significant stopping power, like the .45 or 40 caliber.

I also have to add that he's probably watched too many Die Hard movies to have two shoulder strapped guns. I suspect he had lighter guns because he felt he couldn't handle something heavier - I can respect that.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa dave View Post
Of course it can be lethal..its a firearm.
Which was my point.

Quote:
A pretty weak one at that...
Not to detour this thread, but a high- (1200-1300 fps) or hyper- (1400-1800 fps) velocity .22LR rounds can do significant damage due to the increase in velocity and energy over the standard .22 LR round, so I would hesitate to call those rounds "weak."

If he was carrying .22 pistols for self-defense, I suspect he would be using the appropriate ammo. I just wanted to dispel what I thought was Merovee's question, that being the effectiveness of .22s for self-defense. My point is that in certain configurations, it can be very effective.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:40 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Is it true that a .22 round from a pistol will not create an exit wound and just bounce around inside one's body doing damage?

I was leaning more onto the side of he chose the .22s because up close they are more devastating. In other words I think he chose them because he wanted to cause maximum damage up close and personal, very dirty, but still I am unsure if that is all true.

Do .22 rounds from a pistol cause exit wounds or do they just bounce around inside causing more damage?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,930 times
Quote:
Is it true that a .22 round from a pistol will not create an exit wound and just bounce around inside one's body doing damage?

I was leaning more onto the side of he chose the .22s because up close they are more devastating. In other words I think he chose them because he wanted to cause maximum damage up close and personal, very dirty, but still I am unsure if that is all true.

Do .22 rounds from a pistol cause exit wounds or do they just bounce around inside causing more damage?
As far as I am concerned, a .22 in itself can be considered a Weapon of Mass Destruction {heck, even a club or a rocksling}. Not elaborating why, though.......

Old 10-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

Not really, it's the high speed/velocity and energy associated with it that does most of the damage. As such, it is more likely to penetrate through a body with the "shock wave" from its speed causing the most damage.

A larger, slower round such as a .45 is more likely to "tumble" through a body once it hits. Of course, hollowpoints are designed to expand once the hit, which increases their size and the amount of damage they do.

Any round has the capacity to ricochet or break up once it hits a solid object such as a bone.

Still, it is not common for someone to carry a .22 pistol for self-defense. More likely it is a larger round, such as a 9mm or a .45ACP. But the right .22 round can be very lethal.

Now, back to the topic, I find it interesting that in some mug shots, like the one I posed earlier, Yuchnitz is wearing glasses...

Whereas in others he is not...

http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/20101025yuchnitz190.jpg (broken link)

Is someone denying him some free advertising?!?

And it almost appears that they are the same photo, with the glasses added afterward, doesn't it?!?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:20 PM

443 posts, read 954,623 times
A PPK .380 with selected rounds would be preferable. A Springfield XD .45 ACP would be a lot more persuasive. I wouldn't fit my wife with a .22.

Citing cruel treatment and mental abuse as cause for an 80% slice of the pie sounds more like her attorney was hoping for a punitive award, rather than an equitable one. That is, unless she can prove such over the entire course of the marriage. Divorce/family court is a strange thing, so I guess anything is possible.

High stakes games aren't uncommon amongst the Asian population here at all. When they say "east side", you can safely assume they are referring to the Rittiman area. And yes, the house usually does get a cut in those games. Good luck to the police on ever proving that one.

That, and "oh, how the mighty have fallen" about sums up my thoughts so far. Well, also if he really thought that whacking his wife was a good idea then he must be on drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio