Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:17 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times

Advertisements

Well the first example is where you believe you are not guilty, I understand that.

The second, if you believe it is more dangerous and science is on your side, then attempting to change the law is the proper way to challenge the law, by contacting your representative or councilperson, copping an attitude with the cop or instigating a costly trial because one feels entitled is another matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
I believe you can negotiate a reduction in the fine.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
UPDATE:

This past Monday I went to court. I was among a majority of people who had driving tickets and whatnot. I was probably the only person in there with a jaywalking ticket.

I also found out the fine is ACTUALLY only $112.00. Not bad at all!

The judge said I could do 8 hours of community service in the next 30 days, turn in proof of completion of those hours and I'd be done and finished!

So, yes, I won't have to pay anything. Now I just gotta pick which day I want to do the community service.

All is well that ends well!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Did you plead nolo contendere?

It sounds so cool to say that. Sounds like the name of some exotic foreign actor or something.

Nolo, my name is Nolo. And... you are?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Did you plead nolo contendere?
Yes, technically, I pleaded "Nolo Contendre" or "No Contest" although I didn't actually say to the judge that I would plead that.

I didn't even "know" that I pleaded "Nolo Contendre" until I left the court and looked at the papers and it read, "the Defendant in the above numbered entitled cause appeared in person or, with a parent or guardian [...] and entered a plea of NOLO CONTENDRE (NO CONTEST)."

When I was there, he called my name and said, "What do you want to do about this?" I very briefly explained to him that this took place last October at 550 a.m. in the morning that it was very dark and I couldn't see the sign and that it wasn't at a cross walk. I also mentioned that my work hours have reduced (which is true) and that it would be more difficult for me financially to pay it in full.

He said okay and that I would serve 8 hours of community service and that was it.

Easy Japanese-see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
It sounds so cool to say that. Sounds like the name of some exotic foreign actor or something.

Nolo, my name is Nolo. And... you are?
It sure does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio