Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxan View Post
san antonio sarah, have you spoken with any of your neighbors to see if they are having similar troubles or as far as the whole block? everyone couldnt be gone at precisely the same time i would think. i dont live in the most crime free neighborhood but i have the power of nosy neighbors and we all look out for each other.

the trick to making thieves go away is making easier to steal somewhere else. they are lazy by nature otherwise they would get a darn job. motion light switches and locking gas caps run about as much as one maybe two tanks of gas (your mileage may vary), and will go far in getting your house passed on the nightly raids.
I googled Laklair st, and that seems like a pretty nice area to have Section 8 but as long as handouts are handouts people dont get the urge to look for a job.

OP if you own your home, invest in a camera, or you can be like me and sleep with two guns under the pillow, a loaded rifle on the side, a 2 shot shotgun on the other, and a drawer full of 32rd AK47 Mags with the Ak next to the drawer I love TX!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 AM

13 posts, read 74,393 times
Quote:
OP if you own your home, invest in a camera, or you can be like me and sleep with two guns under the pillow, a loaded rifle on the side, a 2 shot shotgun on the other, and a drawer full of 32rd AK47 Mags with the Ak next to the drawer I love TX!!!
Hahahahahah! Me too.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM

944 posts, read 2,040,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Sarah View Post
The thefts have all happened in the early hours of the morning (I stay up pretty late and when I take my dog out before bed at around 2am, I always see the same teens from the low income housing estate hanging around on the corner of our street), so it's hard not to assume things about them.
So get on the phone and call the police on them when you see them hanging out on the corner at 2am. Hopefully they're young enough that some applicable curfew is being broken or something. Or drop any number of lines about something suspicious going on, hopefully someone will come out to investigate. If you do it every time you see them, they'll eventually stop hanging out on your corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio