Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of Whataburger either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 PM

796 posts, read 3,048,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Not a fan of Whataburger either.
But, they do make yummy apple pies. Remember when McDonald's apple pies were fried too?

Last edited by cheermomof4girls; 11-12-2007 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
thought there was a Waffle House here, but I guess the closest one is in Austin.. Don't think I've actually even been to one
The Subway off of Callaghan and I-10 behind Las Palapas was originally a Waffle House.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland View Post
What's wrong with all you people? Whataburger better than In-N-Out? WHATABURGER!?!? Whataburger is no different than a McDonalds or Burger King or any other bland, dry, reheated, over-processed, cookie-cutter fast-food burger. Those places aren't even on the same level as In-N-Out. Man, if you can't tell the difference between In-N-Out and Whataburger, I just feel bad for you. There must be something wrong with your tongue. Can you tell a difference between Bud Light and Sierra Nevada? I suppose Kanye West is just as good as the Beatles right? Who needs a house? Let's all move in to the streets and live in cardboard boxes! What's the difference?!

Whataburger...criminy...
I have a friend who raves about In-N-Out burgers, and eats there everytime he goes to California. I've got to say, because of him my wife and I ate at one in San Francisco and we both found it to be okay, but nothing special. It was another typical fast food burger, maybe a little better than average.

I have to agree with Tsukiyomi2021, Chris Madrid's is one of the best burgers you can get. It's not what I consider fast food, though. Two years ago City Search rated it the 2nd best burger in America. I forgot who #1 is, but it sure as hell wasn't In-N-Out burger. But everything is about personal taste, right? I actually don't like the macho with cheese and think it tastes better without it. One of my closest friends can't stand Chris Madrid's at all. Me, I think they are great. A few years ago my appendix burst and I had all kinds of internal infections, I was hospitalized for weeks, and pretty much wound up laid up for 6 weeks. The first place I went to eat when I was well enough to drive was Chris Madrid's. My wife thought I was crazy.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 AM

848 posts, read 2,126,828 times
In N Out does not even compare to Miller's Burger or even Beck's Prime as far as what an actual burger is. I don't eat burgers all that much but I'd rather get a real one if I have to pay more.

Whataburger actually has a better taste for me than In N Out. It too is made fresh to order. Lived in SoCal for four years and only ate at In N Out some 5 or 6 times. In N Out is not bad but it's not the special fast food palace that its fans make it out to be.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:37 PM

116 posts, read 472,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland View Post
What's wrong with all you people? Whataburger better than In-N-Out? WHATABURGER!?!? Whataburger is no different than a McDonalds or Burger King or any other bland, dry, reheated, over-processed, cookie-cutter fast-food burger. Those places aren't even on the same level as In-N-Out. Man, if you can't tell the difference between In-N-Out and Whataburger, I just feel bad for you. There must be something wrong with your tongue. Can you tell a difference between Bud Light and Sierra Nevada? I suppose Kanye West is just as good as the Beatles right? Who needs a house? Let's all move in to the streets and live in cardboard boxes! What's the difference?!

Whataburger...criminy...
Gotta agree with you here. Cardboard. The A-1 burger they had was good, but once again they pulled a bonehead move and quit making it. Wish they'd make it a permanent part of the menu... that way I'd have something I could choke down when the kids want to go there.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Whataburger is good. They are not part of the "hot and ready" food places that have already cooked the food before you even get to the restaurant. They don't start until you order.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:05 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
I had In & Out Burger in AZ and i really prefer Whataburger over it. Their fries are better but i can't eat them french fries anymore on the account of cholesterol.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:56 PM

218 posts, read 336,550 times
Gotta luv Whataburger!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,692,547 times
I like both Whataburger and In N Out. They are both great in their own ways. They both tasted homemade as opposted to McDonalds, Burger King, & Wendys.

I hate to say it, but Phoenix is better than SA, because it is the only city on Earth that has both Whataburger and In N Out. I plan to retire there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio