Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:39 PM

46 posts, read 120,346 times

Advertisements

Well, I am shocked to hear everyone say the woman are fat here. But I like woman with a little hip. Say what you want, but I think it is what makes women ... a women. From what I've seen most woman here are built nice. Endowed on top and curvy. And everyone wears tight clothes even when it's not hot out.

I am a married man and the woman of Texas make me struggle! So I probably couldn't handle the number one city if this is #33 or 34 or whatever ... Probably taste has something to do with it. If you like really skinny woman and you have a skinny 16 YO boy and the difference doesn't bother you ... I want a woman that doesn't feel like hugging my 16 YO boy.

But what do i know ... Except those numbers are crap. Texas is and SATX is high on my list!

Last edited by chasells1; 11-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 01:58 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasells1 View Post
Well, I am shocked to hear everyone say the woman are fat here.!
They make Kardashian look like Lucy Liu

Old 11-13-2010, 02:06 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times
Quote:
Well, I am shocked to hear everyone say the woman are fat here. But I like woman with a little hip. Say what you want, but I think it is what makes women ... a women. From what I've seen most woman here are built nice. Endowed on top and curvy. And everyone wears tight clothes even when it's not hot out.

I am a married man and the woman of Texas make me struggle! So I probably couldn't handle the number one city if this is #33 or 34 or whatever ... Probably taste has something to do with it. If you like really skinny woman and you have a skinny 16 YO boy and the difference doesn't bother you ... I want a woman that doesn't feel like hugging my 16 YO boy.

But what do i know ... Except those numbers are crap. Texas is and SATX is high on my list!
I'd say that we should dispense with taste and just go by what the medical profession would say is healthy (normal weight to only slightly overweight) vs. unhealthy (underweight, significantly overweight, obese, morbidly obese).

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter as much whether someone else finds you attractive or not, but it does (or should) matter if you're making yourself much more prone to a host of health issues by being significantly over or under the normal weight-range for your height.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:18 PM

46 posts, read 120,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
They make Kardashian look like Lucy Liu
Yeah, I don't get that.

Kardashian is a good example of a healthy looking girl. Agreed.

Aside from Kardashian ... someone just had to bring her up. I think Texas and SATX should be proud. So just curious. Who was number 1? And what was the criteria based on?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:48 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
She's a lot higher on the scale than the two in the foreground. We're not comparing to supermodels here, it's relative. Basically, do you want to live in a city full of people more or less like yellow shirt, or more or less like the two women the picture is of?
I can't see the faces of the bigger women, so I can't compare. For me, attractiveness is mostly in the face. For many people, putting on weight can make you appear less attractive in the face, but it doesn't always make a person less attractive than some skinny, ugly person. I personally would rather date a cute guy who is 50 pounds overweight than a really ugly guy with a ripped body.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Well, I am shocked to hear everyone say the woman are fat here.
LOL WUT?

Seriously, I noticed it within about half an hour of moving here because there were a couple of them blocking the jumbo-sized aisle at HEB so badly we couldn't get through. Friends in the medical field know too; they said loads of diabetes studies are done here because it's so easy to find people who qualify.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
SA has one of the highest cost of health insurance in the nation.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:11 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
I can't see the faces of the bigger women, so I can't compare. For me, attractiveness is mostly in the face. For many people, putting on weight can make you appear less attractive in the face, but it doesn't always make a person less attractive than some skinny, ugly person. I personally would rather date a cute guy who is 50 pounds overweight than a really ugly guy with a ripped body.
My hubby is a little err...fluffy but he's so cute. Weight can always be lost, which he is doing now but he is losing a little bit of weight in the face. Hopefully not too much as he is losing more for healthwise. I don't want him to lose his cute face!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
True, one can always lose weight but it's not that easy to remedy ugly facial features and you can't stop them from being passed on to your children. LOL

Old 11-14-2010, 10:47 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
I kinda like they way the woman in yellow looks, of course cannot really see her face, but from that angle looks very average-y and nerdy too with those glasses, which geeky is cute.

If I have too choose I am more attracted to an average face and nice slim body rather than the opposite. Those genes get passed down too.

Kim Kardashian looks OK in some pics but is a bit too thick for me. She also is usually kind of trashy too which makes her heaps less attractive.

I like Paris Hilton. She wears different looks and more styles of clothes. I've also admired her since before she was nationally famous and was just a local NYC fashionista.

Last edited by Merovee; 11-14-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio