Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:17 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times

Advertisements

ceylinsel- I just read you story and it is heart breaking. I sincerely hope that your Husband, your Baby, and you are doing well. You will be in our prayers.

Your previous Landlord is a disgrace and a poor example of a Human Being. This proves in her case that you all were only $$$$ money to her and the hell with your situation. I have always felt and I know for a fact that Life is a full circle.

I know my ranting does not make your sitiation any better but it sickens me that she was down right cruel.

As you have read here there are MANY Great People here in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 08:49 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceylinsel View Post
we beleive that everything happens for a reason
Something we have always believed as well.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,492 times
I can't offer you any solid legal advice, but know you have my thoughts and support. Everything might happen for a reason, but thankfully it sounds as if they law is on your side with this one... Don't back down.

BN

Old 12-01-2010, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 5,335 times
Hello,
We are almost in your same place. I have lupus,COPD and now; I have a Fungi in my nose...Do to the home we rent has mold. But the "Landlady" will not let us out of our lease. We only have 3 months left...I am working on doing all I can to "do something about this" But is seems so hard. Like "renters" really don't have rights...I plan on going all the way with this...Lawyers, news, the Mayors office...I have to be put on a Anti-fungi drug for 6 weeks. Living in this home is putting my health at great risk. I told that to the "Landlady" And all she says if we leave early, she will come after us for the rest of the lease money and so on. She won't even say the word "mold" ? It is like She is totally not willing in any way to even have this home looked at??? I mean, that is just so nuts. I don't understand why she would not send some one here to check it out - asap??? Any one out there have a clue? She states the home owner knows all about what is going on. And he to does not want her to talk to me or send anyone to check this matter of mold out? YES - I have that in a email, right from her. I just am so ???
I have several emails trying to meet with the real estate company, and let them know what is going on...They flat out say NO. We have many, many pics of the mold. And my medical records to show them...But they still say NO, we will not meet with you...We have paid our rent on time each and every month. Never a police call. Nothing...
Please, contact me. If this is the same "Landlady" Then we may have alot more to head to court, news, Mayors office with...No one should be treated like trash! I feel renters need to have better rights...
Blessings,

Living in a moldy home But working on "new laws for renters"

Last edited by FriendofGod2; 12-01-2010 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: added

Old 12-21-2010, 11:47 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendofGod2 View Post
Hello,
We are almost in your same place. I have lupus,COPD and now; I have a Fungi in my nose...Do to the home we rent has mold. But the "Landlady" will not let us out of our lease. We only have 3 months left...I am working on doing all I can to "do something about this" But is seems so hard. Like "renters" really don't have rights...I plan on going all the way with this...Lawyers, news, the Mayors office...I have to be put on a Anti-fungi drug for 6 weeks. Living in this home is putting my health at great risk. I told that to the "Landlady" And all she says if we leave early, she will come after us for the rest of the lease money and so on. She won't even say the word "mold" ? It is like She is totally not willing in any way to even have this home looked at??? I mean, that is just so nuts. I don't understand why she would not send some one here to check it out - asap??? Any one out there have a clue? She states the home owner knows all about what is going on. And he to does not want her to talk to me or send anyone to check this matter of mold out? YES - I have that in a email, right from her. I just am so ???
I have several emails trying to meet with the real estate company, and let them know what is going on...They flat out say NO. We have many, many pics of the mold. And my medical records to show them...But they still say NO, we will not meet with you...We have paid our rent on time each and every month. Never a police call. Nothing...
Please, contact me. If this is the same "Landlady" Then we may have alot more to head to court, news, Mayors office with...No one should be treated like trash! I feel renters need to have better rights...
Blessings,

First... you need to look after the best interest of your family and not let monetary concerns influence your decision.

I would never allow my family to remain in a situation that is life threatening... and would welcome the chance to defend myself in court because I would have all the independent documentation to back-up my beliefs... citation from the Health Department, Independent Lab verification conditions beyond the scope of my control are present in the unit and Medical Experts willing to testify in my behalf...

Again... don't delay if you can prove conditions are detrimental to your family's health.

Renters have rights... the Landlord MUST fulfill contractual obligations as defined by law.... as does the Tenant.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:47 PM

13 posts, read 20,426 times
Hi Grace,

thank you for your message,yes we are able to pay our rent it is not a problem but the landlord is a problem.We already tryed to rent the house from private landlord,she was so ready to rent her house to us but after she talked to the landlord she said there is somebody else was interested with the house so she did not call us back and said sorry what if your husband can not make it.To hear this makes me hurts because i am looking for a hope.

We are already applyed for food stamp and they said our income just 20 dolar over then their income limit so they denied us ,is not it so funny??

my husband now is in the hospital and i have no time to go anywhere on these days.

Just please pray for us guys.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
ceylinsel- I just read you story and it is heart breaking. I sincerely hope that your Husband, your Baby, and you are doing well. You will be in our prayers.

Your previous Landlord is a disgrace and a poor example of a Human Being. This proves in her case that you all were only $$$$ money to her and the hell with your situation. I have always felt and I know for a fact that Life is a full circle.

I know my ranting does not make your sitiation any better but it sickens me that she was down right cruel.

As you have read here there are MANY Great People here in San Antonio.
yes you are right,she has not heart at all,no understanding.Thank you for your kind message and yes there are many great people in this city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I can't offer you any solid legal advice, but know you have my thoughts and support. Everything might happen for a reason, but thankfully it sounds as if they law is on your side with this one... Don't back down.BN
thank you Benjamin,just when you remember us please pray for me and for my family.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendofGod2 View Post
Hello,
Blessings,

you do not have to live in the house that makes you sick,this is unlawful,you should go a police and let them know,they will give you advise i beleive.

Our house was not bad,just the lady that we were dealing was evil

Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceylinsel View Post
you do not have to live in the house that makes you sick,this is unlawful,you should go a police and let them know,they will give you advise i beleive.

Our house was not bad,just the lady that we were dealing was evil
My experience is Police often do not do building code enforcement or habitability...

Probably better to visit the city of county building and Health Departments for habitability.

Codes do vary and nothing can substitute for professional legal advice from a local Lawyer familiar with Landlord/Tenant laws.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio