Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 01:15 PM

46 posts, read 120,346 times

Advertisements

Took a chance on a dive because I was curious why it had a big crowd at lunch.

I got the Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce. It also had ranch on it. The grilled chick breast had a sweet honey glaze that was carmelized on the chicken. I believe it had been glazed with the chipotle sauce. All the flavors suprisingly worked together. Especially the fruity flavor.

I didn't have high expectations, which probably helped. The building did not look all that great. But the food was good. It was not expensive obviously. Under $7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 03:31 PM

46 posts, read 120,346 times
Default Check it out

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1379/k0r.mp4

I guess it would help if you could see it ... This is the only thing I have tried there. Twice. MMMMmmm.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
I've been there many times for both breakfast and lunch and have never had a bad meal. They have great Jalapeno Chicken, Burgers, Hot and Cold Sandwiches. I have never tried a salad but by the looks of it I think I will.
I don't know if the place is now open on weekends. It is a favorite place for many people and at times its' hard to get a seat
I was told the building was an old gas station which seems about right by the looks of the layout.
You get plenty of food for a great price and I promise you won't leave hungry.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:16 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,738 times
I've eaten there a bunch of times. diferent stuff, CFS, burger, steak, meat loaf.....Alway been very good. And when you consider a combo at Schlotskys's or most Tex Mex places for lunch run in the $7-8 range, it's a pretty good deal

Old 11-15-2010, 07:22 PM

36 posts, read 157,632 times
Default Radicke's Blue Bonnet

They are famous for their Jalapeno chicken, which blows everything else off the menu.

And their breakfast is is by far the best in the area.

Homemade bread and pies are awesome.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:16 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I've been there many times for both breakfast and lunch and have never had a bad meal. They have great Jalapeno Chicken, Burgers, Hot and Cold Sandwiches. I have never tried a salad but by the looks of it I think I will.
I don't know if the place is now open on weekends. It is a favorite place for many people and at times its' hard to get a seat
I was told the building was an old gas station which seems about right by the looks of the layout.
You get plenty of food for a great price and I promise you won't leave hungry.
It's an old Fina gas station

Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM
cjw

125 posts, read 480,204 times
I haven't tried the grilled chicken salad but the food I have tried is pretty good. I usually order bad (for you) food there because it's better than most other places and is totally worth the calories.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,715 times
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce?!? At Radicke's?!? Gimme a break...

Read Jason's post, he is 100% correct, the big item at Radicke's is the Jalapeno Chicken. Your arteries will clog while you eat it, but that's what they're famous for. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio