Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 04:52 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I was at a red light on Babcock and Hollyhock about 3 years ago, behind this red BMW.....this idiot opens the car door and empties out his ashtray right there on the road! He must smoke five packs a day, going by the amount of cig. butts he dumped out. Well, I got out of my truck, went and scooped up a handfull of this disgusting trash, and threw it in his window all over his pretty suit...told him he dropped something. Called him a few choice names and he sped off with a look on his face I'll never forget....
Damn,
I was about to say that you'll never beat my story, but I think you did.

I saw a sob driving through a gas station, as she drove by looking for a place to park in front of the convenience store,
she flicked a cigarette out of her car .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 04:58 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Damn,
I was about to say that you'll never beat my story, but I think you did.

I saw a sob driving through a gas station, as she drove by looking for a place to park in front of the convenience store,
she flicked a cigarette out of her car .

LOL...amazing how ignorant some people are. I love the airheads that are filling up their car at the gas station and puffing on a smoke.....

Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
As for people who flick out cigarettes, I wonder if they realize that's how most of our grassfires start in the summer.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:12 PM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
I was at a red light on Babcock and Hollyhock about 3 years ago, behind this red BMW.....this idiot opens the car door and empties out his ashtray right there on the road! He must smoke five packs a day, going by the amount of cig. butts he dumped out. Well, I got out of my truck, went and scooped up a handfull of this disgusting trash, and threw it in his window all over his pretty suit...told him he dropped something. Called him a few choice names and he sped off with a look on his face I'll never forget....
Wow.

He deserved to be told not to do that but I would certainly not recommend in the way you did.

People are crazy and you could have gotten shot.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
LOL...amazing how ignorant some people are. I love the airheads that are filling up their car at the gas station and puffing on a smoke.....
Human stupidity knows no bounds....

The Darwin Awards

Old 11-28-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I can't believe that... are people THAT ignorant here?
Man, and I thought people in the Ozarks were ignorant, in 15 years I never saw 1 person smoking a cigarette close to a gas station.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:26 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Hey Dopo, have you seen the movie WINTER'S BONE? It's about this girl that is trying to find her dad. It takes place in the Ozarks area. Wonder if that's where you lived as you often talk about that area.

Btw, it's a helluva of a movie. Little unknown gem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE_X2pDRXyY

Old 11-28-2010, 05:38 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Hey Dopo, have you seen the movie WINTER'S BONE? It's about this girl that is trying to find her dad. It takes place in the Ozarks area. Wonder if that's where you lived as you often talk about that area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE_X2pDRXyY
That movie looks so depressing - I thought about seeing it when it came out but man. I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post

I would be lying if I said that it's all like that...
There's a lot of good people, but to put it in few words.....
there's a lot of people that don't know anybody that is not like them, except for the ones that they see on TV. (i.e. Flavor Flav)

There's an episode of "Trading spouses" of a farmer and a rich lady that trade places.
The farmer lived close to where I lived.
Scottsdale family tests limits on reality TV - Arizona Republic - Mar. 2006
BTW, a friend of mine from that town, told me that the only black family in that town left the town because people burned some things in front of their house.

Ok, back to topic....

Last edited by Dopo; 11-28-2010 at 06:01 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 08:07 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
It's a really good movie, Linda. I didn't want to see it but ended up getting engrossed in it. The girl did one of the best acting performances I've ever seen including one of the most (boat scene) dramatic scenes in all of 2010. It's not a family film, but it's actually pretty clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio