Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times

Advertisements

Ya, us SE side drivers take it easy. No rush, no fuss.

If we cannot find a spot near the store we just park far out and walk. It's good for your health! Unfortunately cannot do anything about people sticking their noses out making you veer to the other lane. The people exiting McDonald's near McCreless are notorious for that.

What I do find annoying is when approaching an intersection with the right of way, or the previosuly mentioned McDonald's, and someone who seems like they are in a hurry rushes up in a hurry to oncoming traffic -and- stick their nose out. I can't tell if they see me, or will hit me, so I slow down, lots and take my time to drive past them. If they are in a rush I imagine they are cursing me but haha that is what they get. My safety and peace of mind comes first and if anyone drives away feeling miserable, it won't be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
What I do find annoying is when approaching an intersection with the right of way, or the previosuly mentioned McDonald's, and someone who seems like they are in a hurry rushes up in a hurry to oncoming traffic -and- stick their nose out. I can't tell if they see me, or will hit me, so I slow down, lots and take my time to drive past them. If they are in a rush I imagine they are cursing me but haha that is what they get. My safety and peace of mind comes first and if anyone drives away feeling miserable, it won't be me.
There were about 3 cars driving out of a gas station close to my house (last year)
Since there was a lot of traffic, I decided to go ahead and let 1 drive out and then I drove behind BIG MISTAKE
the 2nd car that wanted to get on the road, drove behind me, stopped on my left side and the girl that was driving flipped me off.
I blew her a kiss... I'm sure that made her twice as mad.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,573 times
Last weekend I got invited to a kid's birthday party dinner which was held at a Chinese buffet. Now I'm not new to buffets, but it has been quite some time since I've visited one. When did they start adding Mexican food to the selection? lol. I went to fix my plate, I started down the line picking up the usual and then came upon a section of tacos, and enchiladas, etc. I shook my head and laughed about it when I got back to the table. My friend said "look around you, did you forget where you were?" lol.

We all know Chinese buffets aren't bastions of authentic Chinese food, but I expect to see pretty authentically American Chinese food at a Chinese buffet. That shows you the spending power in some ethnic communities.

I can say for certain I've never seen collard greens, black eyed peas, candied yams, skillet fried chicken and cornbread at any Chinese buffet in the greater Detroit, Philly, Nashville, or NYC areas. Could be the restaurants don't care to cater to certain clientele or the clientele wouldn't trust Asians slangin' ham hocks and collards in the kitchen, lol. Either way typical black southern fare at a Chinese buffet would be an anomaly to say the least. If you've experienced said anomaly, please share .

Mexican people eating Mexican food at a Chinese buffet being cooked by Asians. Confused the hell outta me, lol.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Last weekend I got invited to a kid's birthday party dinner which was held at a Chinese buffet. Now I'm not new to buffets, but it has been quite some time since I've visited one. When did they start adding Mexican food to the selection? lol. I went to fix my plate, I started down the line picking up the usual and then came upon a section of tacos, and enchiladas, etc. I shook my head and laughed about it when I got back to the table. My friend said "look around you, did you forget where you were?" lol.

We all know Chinese buffets aren't bastions of authentic Chinese food, but I expect to see pretty authentically American Chinese food at a Chinese buffet. That shows you the spending power in some ethnic communities.

I can say for certain I've never seen collard greens, black eyed peas, candied yams, skillet fried chicken and cornbread at any Chinese buffet in the greater Detroit, Philly, Nashville, or NYC areas. Could be the restaurants don't care to cater to certain clientele or the clientele wouldn't trust Asians slangin' ham hocks and collards in the kitchen, lol. Either way typical black southern fare at a Chinese buffet would be an anomaly to say the least. If you've experienced said anomaly, please share .

Mexican people eating Mexican food at a Chinese buffet being cooked by Asians. Confused the hell outta me, lol.
Tell me about it. I was just having this conversation with some people not too long ago. China Sea Buffet is barely Chinese. They should just take China out of the name.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 PM

I'll put it in few words,
before coming to San Antonio I was learning to speak chinese...
I had to drop it, because there's nobody to practice with (very very few people to practice with)

Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
^^^ Learn Russian and you can practice with me lol

Old 12-07-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Learn Russian and you can practice with me lol
I'd love to practice with you but I've never been interested on learning Russian.
Maybe the 2018 World Cup will change my mind

Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll put it in few words,
before coming to San Antonio I was learning to speak chinese...
I had to drop it, because there's nobody to practice with (very very few people to practice with)
Earlier this year I purchased myself some phrasebooks of several different languages and Mandarin Chinese is one of them. I recently went to go inquire about Rosetta Stone at a kiosk at North Star Mall and I would like to get me that later though I guess it might be Japanese I start out with. I have actually read that Spanish speakers sooner pick it up faster considering that Japanese and Spanish vowels are pronounced the same.......

Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM

I noticed that there's a lot of similiraties between Chinese and French. (useless FYI )

Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times
Nothing useless about Communications Knowledge, Sir.....there might be some San Antonians who actually could benefit from it, aye.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio