Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

Here's mine for today:
People that are not on the right lane of the highway, see a little traffic ahead and slam on their brakes going from 70MPH to 45MPH instead of slowing down slowly to keep people from slamming into the back of their car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,907 times
Default Answer for Boarding Chick,

It can be very hot in San Antone in July, and I know nothing of you
so this opinion is probably not indicative of anything about you and I do not
say that it is you.
An indication of Voyeurism or Prurient interest by people might depend on the strategic location and exposure of mentioned artwork about the body,
your age, weight etc..
IM me if you want.
Just kidding , I'm married.
I think the definition of voyeurism can go beyond the clinical definition too and includes things like Rubbernecking for blood or gore at an auto accident, the watching of soap operas for the interest of seeing who is having the latest immoral episode,the purchase of The National Enquirer (for Enquiring minds), sometimes even including the watching much of the run of the evening offerings of the networks even including a lot of Fox News networks fantasized and fantasied political scenarios which amount to no more a bunch of conspiracy theories by the right.
I mean, even the great southerner Jimmy Carter famously admitted to an Playboy interviewer, much to his regret later I am sure, that he had looked at women "with lust in his heart".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarding_Chick View Post
Voyeurism - the practice of obtaining sexual gratification by looking at sexual objects or acts, esp. secretively.

Question. How are tattoo's and piercings any indication on voyeurism?? Just curious.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojosalsa View Post
How about Mexican people eating Chinese food at a Chinese buffet being cooked by Mexicans? Ala the Chinese buffet on Military Drive (don't remember the name.) The guy working the grill didn't speak any english. Asked me (in spanish) if I wanted my food stir fried with soy sauce.

Also, another thing that might just be tejano...my boyfriend (who was a military brat and lived in Virginia and assorted non-hispanic dominated places) thinks it's weird that our ice cream men are stocked with frito-pie and cucumbers and chile. And lucas. And chamoy. And tamarindo. And hard fruit lolipops with a coating of chile. (He really can't wrap his head around that one.) He never had a paleta till he met me either.
I dont think I could live in a world where the paleta man didnt have cucumbers con chile limon.

The ice cream man in my neighborhood doesnt even sell ice cream...so all the pictures of ice cream on the outside of his van dont actually exist. Everyone is just there for the chicharrones and frito pie....and probably the marijuana.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
I have to roll my eyes every time I see a new subdivision or "housing community" being built......and they name it something RANCH.

Seems every new community built in the last 20 years has RANCH in the name.....Rogers Ranch, Sendero Ranch, San Antonio Ranch, Walkers Ranch, Alamo Ranch, Kallison Ranch, Windgate Ranch, Stillwater Ranch, Steubing Ranch, Monticello Ranch, Sonoma Ranch, Southton Ranch, Redbird Ranch, Dancing Bear Ranch, Remington Ranch, Canyon Ranch, Sundance Ranch, Fair Oaks Ranch, Cordillera Ranch, Fossil Springs Ranch, Anagua Springs Ranch, Clementson Ranch, Coveney Ranch, Cross Mountain Ranch, Limestone Ranch, Retablo Ranch, ....and the list goes on and on and on......you get the picture...

Guess everyone wants to live on a ranch or ??

Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 AM

161 posts, read 330,888 times
I'm sure you've noticed this...
People who drive vehicles where the custom rims and tires are worth more than the car.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsofa04 View Post
I'm sure you've noticed this...
People who drive vehicles where the custom rims and tires are worth more than the car.
You only see that in San Antonio

What about the people that live in a trailer and own a Harley

Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM

99 posts, read 346,035 times
Man my childhood would not have been the same without chile covered cucumbers from the ice cream man. Even some people born and raised here look at me weird when I say I ate them.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
...and then came upon a section of tacos, and enchiladas, etc. I shook my head and laughed about it [...]

I can say for certain I've never seen collard greens, black eyed peas, candied yams, skillet fried chicken and cornbread at any Chinese buffet in the greater Detroit, Philly, Nashville, or NYC areas.

Mexican people eating Mexican food at a Chinese buffet being cooked by Asians.
That's what we love about San Antonio!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirlintx View Post
Some of the people you'll find at HEB and Wal-Mart. Just got to shake my head sometimes and ask what they were actually thinking walking out of their house looking the way the do.
Elaborate, please! What exactly do you mean?

Is it the sandals? Ball caps? Shorts? Old jeans/pants? Unkept hair? People go to HEB and Walmart to get stuff done. They aren't heading to the prom or to a date, ya' know.

I always have on my ball cap, generic plain/shirt, several year old (but in good condition) khakis, and clean tennis shoes. It's comfortable and very appropriate for a grocery store outing.

Sure, I can put on my Perry Ellis jeans, nice shirt, or dress shirt (I have several), my very nice looking Sketchers shoes, spike up and fix my hair all cool, exfoiliate my face with a facial scrub, put on my two stud earrings, my very nice looking watch, my very cool hip and ultra-cool looking sunglasses, and give myself a spray or two of my Acqua di Gio cologne...but what for?

I'm just going to HEB.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the ugliness and tackiness of some HEB employees. they wear earrings, holes in their ears, tattoos, shorts, etc. It looks really uncouth to me.
I'm not sure which HEB you go to, but I go to the one on Olmos 2-5 times a week...the one on Oblate 1-2 times a month (or sometimes not at all), and the one on New Braunfels and Houston 1-2 times a month also (or sometimes not at all), and I have consistently found almost all HEB employees to be professional, friendly, nice, wellkept and almost always doing their job. HEB has some of the best employees I've encountered!

Also, I work in security and one Hispanic guy in his mid-30s who was in the Army was all tattooed up and he was allowed to work security. Another kid, a caucasian male in his early 20s who was very ambitious, had several tattoos as well. Does that mean they are tacky? I also do not recall (in the many years of going to different HEBs) seeing very many HEB employees with tattoos.

As far as the earrings. Things are just different nowadays. I think it's more of a generational gap to be honest.

When I got my ears pierced in 1998, that was pretty much it. Nowdays, kids have those extra long big piercings in their ears ("'large' holes in their ears")...and honestly...it doesn't look too great to me. But I have never ever seen a male or female employee with those type of extra long piercings at HEB...just regular piercings.

So, again, not sure which HEB you are going to; almost all their employees I've encountered over the years have been great.

As a matter of fact...the ONE employee who I did file a complaint against was a Hispanic lady in her 40s or 50s! No it wasn't a young kid but an older lady because in ALL my years of going to HEB she NEVER made eye contact, never said hello, never said goodbye, and she was never happy with ANY customer. So I filed a complaint.

Last edited by xsa210tx; 12-12-2010 at 01:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio