Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 PM

165 posts, read 463,767 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a store in Helotes that has at least a small jewelry counter.... Specifically, I am looking for a "Panther paw" pin/broach that the person wearing it told me she purchased at a little store in Helotes....perhaps the 'downtown' area??

Its been months since the person told me where she bought it, and I don't know enough about the little shops around there to know where to look.

Any ideas?

I'm looking for the panther paw as a gift for my best friend, whose son plays on the varsity football team for O'Connor.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:22 AM

136 posts, read 448,942 times
Most of the stores in Old Town Helotes are either antique / collectible stores, sports / bicycle stores, or Flour's Country Store, a restaurant / music venue. A broach sounds like it came from an antique store. Go to Helotes and take a look. The area is small and will not take long to look around.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 AM

71 posts, read 201,767 times
Yes, I've seen those broaches in Old Town Helotes, but not in any antique shops. I saw them in a shop that sells items such as costume jewelry, fancy purses, clothing with lots of sequins, etc...a very girly girl shop. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the shop, but at least you can eliminate digging through antique shops. And when you go there, you'll figure out quickly which shop I am talking about.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 AM

40 posts, read 260,703 times
It is called "All That Glitters" in Old Town Helotes.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
My wife (who is an expert on shopping in Helotes) says that All That Glitters and "the pink shop" next to it have a lot of O'Connor stuff. There's a map on the Old Town Helotes web site.

While you're there, it's a good spot to do a little Christmas shopping!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
FYI: they are "brooches"...not "broaches". Sorry, I am on a spelling kick lately...

Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM

71 posts, read 201,767 times
Rats! Both spellings look strange to me! Thanks for the correction!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Make sure you stop by "Wine lol" while you're out that way. My gf hates when I call it that, but that's what the sign appears to say!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Mom2feebs opened the door...lol. F.Y.I. It's FLOORE'S Country Store..not Flour's. I couldn't let someone desecrate a Texas institution like that....it's almost as bad as Ozzy peeing on the Alamo Cenopath.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
I bought a toe ring that I use as a pinky ring of the Panther Paw (in my case it is a cat paw print, can be either a dog or cat, but I have all cat jewelry pieces) in blue, but there are other colors, as well as other Panther Paw jewelry, such as key rings, necklaces, etc. I forget the name of the store, but it is the one with all the rustic furniture in it's front yard, down the side street across from the car repair business. Allow time to browse in this store, it has lots of great items for gifts or something unique for yourself. All That Glitters is mostly for "princesses", fur, feathers, sequins, hand painted wine glasses, huge glittery rings, the kind of stuff that is gaudy, IMO. But, I did find my hot pink with black lettering t-shirt that says "World's Greatest Mimi" there. "Mimi" items are hard to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio