Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:42 PM
210 210 started this thread

1,722 posts, read 2,242,634 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested in living downtown or Southtown or SoSo (South of Southtown) or SoFlo, let me know and I will help you out with information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 06:34 AM

154 posts, read 630,969 times
I would be, maybe, but unfortunately with two teenagers and two dogs, we're sort of limited to 3 bedrooms with at least a small yard. I doubt there's much of that in the downtown area.

Both kiddoes are out of highschool in 2 years, though, and we'd love a funky loft or something eventually. So we're not someone with small children who have to REALLY worry about the neighborhood - our kids are old enough to hold their own and stay out of trouble. What's available in the downtown areas?

I have been reading up on south San Antonio, and am fascinated with the edginess of south downtown. We like multi-cultural happening areas, and while we don't want to live in drive-by-shooting central, we have a good tolerance for a little "fringiness" if it's a cool area.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 35,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
If anyone is interested in living downtown or Southtown or SoSo (South of Southtown) or SoFlo, let me know and I will help you out with information.

Can you help me find a small studio/condoor very small house to purchase - size 400-800 sq ft. - in an area that is as close to downtown as possible in my price range $100,000.00 max (I would really prefer to spend less than $100,000.00 if possible; $60,000-$75,000.00 would be ideal and am willing to do minor work on it, cosmetic changes - paint, new flooring etc.) if it is in a great area with potential. I looked at some pictures in the Alamo Heights area and there is an older building with condos called Chateau Dijon on Broadway. What do you know about that particular area and those condos in particular? I want to be able to walk to stores, restaurants - Another very important aspect for me is lots of natural light/windows. I will also consider a very small house like 800 sq ft. that needs some cosmetic work. You mentioned Southtown, SoSo and SoFlo, do any of these areas have what I am looking for in my price range?

Summary of priorities:

Close to downtown as possible
Able to walk to stores, restaurants
Price range $60,000.00 - $100,000.00
Light & Ambiance

Also, I would probably choose a 400-500 sq ft. space over an 800 sq. ft. space if the location was irresistable especially if it has just the right ambiance.

Your input will be very helpful and very much appreciated.

CATRN

Old 08-23-2006, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPinSC View Post
I would be, maybe, but unfortunately with two teenagers and two dogs, we're sort of limited to 3 bedrooms with at least a small yard. I doubt there's much of that in the downtown area.

Both kiddoes are out of highschool in 2 years, though, and we'd love a funky loft or something eventually. So we're not someone with small children who have to REALLY worry about the neighborhood - our kids are old enough to hold their own and stay out of trouble. What's available in the downtown areas?

I have been reading up on south San Antonio, and am fascinated with the edginess of south downtown. We like multi-cultural happening areas, and while we don't want to live in drive-by-shooting central, we have a good tolerance for a little "fringiness" if it's a cool area.
The King William Townhomes have yards, however, they largest I say was two bedrooms.

However, something like the Vidorra Townhomes (which will be attached to two highrises) have three bedrooms with a roof garden.

Is that something you'd look at?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATRN View Post

Can you help me find a small studio/condoor very small house to purchase - size 400-800 sq ft. - in an area that is as close to downtown as possible in my price range $100,000.00 max (I would really prefer to spend less than $100,000.00 if possible; $60,000-$75,000.00 would be ideal and am willing to do minor work on it, cosmetic changes - paint, new flooring etc.) if it is in a great area with potential. I looked at some pictures in the Alamo Heights area and there is an older building with condos called Chateau Dijon on Broadway. What do you know about that particular area and those condos in particular? I want to be able to walk to stores, restaurants - Another very important aspect for me is lots of natural light/windows. I will also consider a very small house like 800 sq ft. that needs some cosmetic work. You mentioned Southtown, SoSo and SoFlo, do any of these areas have what I am looking for in my price range?

Summary of priorities:

Close to downtown as possible
Able to walk to stores, restaurants
Price range $60,000.00 - $100,000.00
Light & Ambiance

Also, I would probably choose a 400-500 sq ft. space over an 800 sq. ft. space if the location was irresistable especially if it has just the right ambiance.

Your input will be very helpful and very much appreciated.

CATRN
Do you currently live in SA or will you be relocating?

Madison Street Condominiums in King William has one-bedroom, one-bath flats starting at $99,000.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:55 AM

I'll try to get pictures.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:05 AM

154 posts, read 630,969 times
Thanks 210. I googled those townhomes, and they look to be a little small for our needs. One of our dogs is an ancient dalmatian whose bladder is at the point where he may woof to go out at 2 am, poor old thing. We really need a true yard that we can just stumble to the door and let him out and back in.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 AM

65 posts, read 305,475 times
Do you realize how small 400sf is? Sounds to me you are looking for a studio.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 35,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Do you currently live in SA or will you be relocating?

Madison Street Condominiums in King William has one-bedroom, one-bath flats starting at $99,000.

I will be relocating from Boise, Idaho. I am planning a trip mid to late September to SA to look at properties. I did look at a picture of the Madison Condos on a realtors website. They only showed pictures of the outside of the building and it looks like there are only 4 units left according to list on that website. Have you been inside of them or know a website that has pictures inside? If you come come accross anything else that fits my criteria; please let me know.

CATRN

Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 11,123 times
Default Relocation

I presently live in new york and have 5 children and I am looking to relocate to Texas and I would like to know what county, and schools are the best in San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio