Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM

85 posts, read 356,892 times

Advertisements

My husband and I decided to go out to eat tonight in New Braunfels near the town square in the historic district. Any suggestions on a good place to dine? We have lived in SA for 7 years but just moved to the Canyon Lake area a couple of months ago so we're trying to discover the area around us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Nevermind, we heading out now and nobody answered. Thanks anyway

Old 07-14-2007, 05:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
I always "mean to" stop at that barbecue restaurant on the main street up closer to the expressway (way before the downtown area). The one with the scenic outdoor patios in back. But I've never been there.

There are supposedly some good barbecue and Mexican restaurants in town. I just don't know where they are.

Let us know how your trip was.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 AM

86 posts, read 394,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blonde View Post
My husband and I decided to go out to eat tonight in New Braunfels near the town square in the historic district. Any suggestions on a good place to dine? We have lived in SA for 7 years but just moved to the Canyon Lake area a couple of months ago so we're trying to discover the area around us.
The Huisache is a really good place to eat downtown - it is off San Antonio St. back by the Fire Station just over the train tracks.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
There is an excellent German Restaurant behind the Square. I think it is call Krause. The owners are recent Northern Germany immigrants and the food is really old world

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
The Huisache is a really good place to eat downtown - it is off San Antonio St. back by the Fire Station just over the train tracks.
That is actually the place we ended up at. We parked the car and walked around for a little while and finally saw a lot of cars pulling in to a parking lot behind a building. We walked back there and found that Huisache Grille. It was a lovely evening. Their outdoor lounge was really nice to sit and wait for out table. The food was pretty good. It was a nice evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio