Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times

Advertisements

I'd estimate 99% of the scooter people don't need them and most people that could actually use one walk with some other form of assistance that requires actual physical activity. It's no secret that I hate those people and yeah I said hate. They have no purpose in the world.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,800,944 times
Yeah, they can easily get in the way when I am out and about. Especially at HEB when I am trying to get down aisles and they are blocking the way. They tend to be older folks and are unaware of their surroundings. I mean didn't they have to walk to get to the scooter to begin with??? When I used to work at a grocery store we kept those things in the back hidden. Only brought them out if someone requested them. Grrrr........

Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 AM

They should make people ask for them and they should have a reason and fat and lazy aren't valid reasons. The majority I see are young extremely overweight people that actually need the movement to at least burn a couple calories. I was way overweight before, but would never even think of going that route. It's just pure laziness and an epidemic around here.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Any legit purpose for three pounds of mercury? I can't think of one..

Police and HazMat teams scramble to secure mercury leak |WOAI: San Antonio News

Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Looks like the FBI is asking the same question...

FBI Investigating Mercury Spill - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio

Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM

Grrrr, this place just has to pi$$ me off to the end. When you get a haircut and the person says "I do not want it any shorter in the back at all", what does that mean? Apparently it means cut a couple inches off the back and then say you just cut a tiny bit off even though the evidence is right there on me. Unbelievable that these people have even managed to live this long with their extreme incompetence. And there are so many liars and they're stupid liars, which are the worst kind. Why try to lie when the evidence is right in front of you? So now all the hair I've been growing for months is gone, just in time for me to see relatives I haven't seen in over 25 freaking years. I absolutely hate these people.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,314 times
ya know...I realize that it's summer and there are plenty of people vacationing up this way....however, there is something seriously wrong with the direction this country is going when I am literally the only English speaking person in a major (and quite busy) grocery store in what I thought was still one of the 50 U.S. states. I'm exhausted. The decibel level of that store was beyond anything I had every experienced. The screaming, ill-mannered children was nothing I had every seen before. Add the screaming adults and it was really more than I could handle.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Where was this? My HUGE mistake was being lazy and going to wally world. I needed to go there to look for a netbook bag for this new netbook I bought since no other stores carry a bag for a 11.6" netbook and I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and get a simple trim. Made it very clear that I just wanted the crazy hairs trimmed down and nothing shortened. I repeated several times to leave the length the way it was, but she maybe was too distracted by her partner and their discussion. I really should've gone off on her when I felt what she did, but I had to leave because I honestly wanted to hurt her. I was also tempted to go back and complain to a manager, but again I really want to hurt her and that desire is even stronger the more I look at my hair in the mirror. These people here are just amazingly incompetent and it's across the board. Not one race, sex, religion, heritage etc.. just extreme incompetence almost everywhere. This vacation can't come soon enough...

Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
ya know...I realize that it's summer and there are plenty of people vacationing up this way....however, there is something seriously wrong with the direction this country is going when I am literally the only English speaking person in a major (and quite busy) grocery store in what I thought was still one of the 50 U.S. states.
Maybe their "vacationing up this way" has more to do with this country being a better place to vacation than their country? Seems like a good thing to me.

Let's be careful with this topic, since it sits on the shelf right next to the verboten "illegal immigration" topic that is off topic for local forums.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM

yeah, definitely better to head north for vacation.. like way up where you can get oot and aboot comfortably..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio