Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 PM

57 posts, read 244,052 times

Advertisements

Anybody know where, when, and how I sign up for this? Is it automatically done when you do your closing or do I have to go do something to get it. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM

85 posts, read 356,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGLES123 View Post
Anybody know where, when, and how I sign up for this? Is it automatically done when you do your closing or do I have to go do something to get it. Thanks all.
Here is a link to the webpage for Comal County Comal County, Texas if you go down toward the bottom of the page under the section on the left that says :More Quick Links" you will see one that says "Property Tax Information". Click on that and it will take you to a page that offers you some choices. It's not automatically done at closing, you have to go file for at the courthouse.

As I understand it you may only have a homestead exemption on one home per calender year. So if if you move during the year you must choose which house to claim the exemption on for that year, the one you lived in the first part of the year or the one you lived in for the second portion of the year. You may file the paperwork at anytime in the calender year that you want it to take effect. It will become effective retroactively to January 1 or the date you purchased or built your home. So if you lived in your old home for 7 months you may want to leave your homestead exemption alone for this year and not file until after January 1, 2008.

Make sure you double check everything I told you since I am explaining to you what was explained to me when we built our house out here several months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio