Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM

10 posts, read 20,659 times

Advertisements

I emailed Lightening Ranch - no response. Can't believe none of these dude ranches are not interested in a character like Ron Dakotah to drive their wagons!!!

Oh well, onward and upward.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
The price of land in the Hill Country has gotten a little pricey

There are some good deals out there if you want to drive 100 miles to the grocery store. Rocksprings comes to mind....

Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
I'm so happy for you two! Hope everything works out. You mentioned something about the hill country being too ritzy for you and how the real estate people just laughed when they found out how much money you had. Sadly, it's become too ritzy for many people. It wasn't always that way. I live in the hill country. Two forces at work there. First of all the populations of the cities have expanded exponentially here, constantly pushing outward in a sprawl with few restraints on it. The hill country became a popular destination for older people who retired (some are city people who find the city problems just too much). Some are out of state people who are well-to-do and want a little "ranch", 5 to 20 acres...although many of this ranches won't even resemble a ranch in any way. In the meantime, developers were gobbling up large ranches to develop land and make a fortune doing it. There was a developer who brought a large ranch near our little subdivision. This land was okay for a large ranch, but the developers wanted to get rich with that deal. So they tried to get San Antonio to sell them water, since the local water was fairly poor and would have to have treatment before anyone could drink it.In stead of selling 2 acre lots and up, they wanted to build over 4000 fairly small lots. And then there would be retail development and if it wolked out there would eventually be a town larger than any in Bandera or Medina Cos. Thank God that after the fight against it coupled with the slow ecomy, the developer country finally saw the light, setled the lawsuit against them and put the land back on the market. I really think the hill country will not be going in n a responsible direction on this future crisis. Well, I better let this go.
Good luck in finding a better answer for you two!
Lind

Old 01-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Hi - we are actually camped a block away from this ranch. It's for sale, so I bet they can't help us. but we are going to go visit.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM

Does anyone out there know Jeannie Parker - she does wagon rides and pony rides and such???

Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 PM
EL7

9 posts, read 22,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycowboys View Post
...One RV park in Bandera gave us a good rate for us on a monthly basis and then renigged because our motorhome wasnt new enough - originally, it was $250 a month plus electric for us and our horses and then it went to almost $700 because they could only charge us a weekly rate because our motorhome was older than 10 years...

Teri, I really am hoping you guys work something out. Can you tell me the name the RV park in Bandera that pulled that deal on you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio