Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times

Advertisements

From the HOA:

"Villages of Westcreek
Crime Alert

An older model black Cadillac with two male occupants has been observed during the early morning day light hours cruising the neighborhoods of Westcreek. It is believed this vehicle was involved with a home invasion on Meadowalk in the Bluffs on Monday, March 1, 2011. The front door of a house was forced open and the home was entered. If you observe this vehicle call

9-1-1 and give law enforcement the location of the vehicle and a license plate number if you are able to do this safely.

Make sure you are locking your doors and using deadbolt locks if you have them."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,139 times
Our home was broken into between 9:00-9:50 sometime on 1/29/11, from what we can tell by neighbors. I reported it to the HOA the VERY next morning. SAME car that we saw. They put NO alert like this out. First time I see this thread so figured I'd let it be known. We told all our neighbors as well to keep a look out. Highpoint resident. I have shared this information as well with the detective that has the case.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:56 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
I'm very sorry to hear your place was broken into.

We had our van broken into and a video system stolen several years ago. It really burst our bubble regarding crime in the area. At the time we also called the HOA to let them know and nothing was done, they didn't even return our call.

At any rate with the new leadership from the last election they have been putting notices out, I guess the whatever system they have hasn't been perfected yet.

I try to turn the notices around here as I don't think everyone has signed up for email notifications. Like most I would rather know than not know. If a black caddy is in my neighborhood and doesn't belong there, rest assured I'll be getting the license plate and letting the authorities know about it.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
The new group is definitely Much more proactive than the old one and I appreciate it. People need to sign up for the e-mail alerts and newsletters as well. We especially need to find the little beaches that are doing the tagging. I would pay to take a bite out of that crime...

Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM

So does anyone bother even looking in the intersection before proceeding through a stop sign in Westcreek? I see idiots waiting for other cars to come to a complete stop before they proceed, but they have no issue almost hitting runners right in front of their freaking eyes. Just had another one almost hit me at Saxon Hill and Westcreek Oaks. I was in bright sunlight (not in the driver's eyes or even from that direction), wearing an obscenely bright green shirt, and staring right at him and yet he still nearly hit me. The best part was he waved me through, like he was being a nice guy. If you were the driver of that old Toyota pickup that almost hit me, I hope you heard what I called you and I meant it too... idiots!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpoint07 View Post
Our home was broken into between 9:00-9:50 sometime on 1/29/11, from what we can tell by neighbors. I reported it to the HOA the VERY next morning. SAME car that we saw. They put NO alert like this out. First time I see this thread so figured I'd let it be known. We told all our neighbors as well to keep a look out. Highpoint resident. I have shared this information as well with the detective that has the case.
Although we are gone from Westcreek we still have friends there, mainly in The Hollow.
I suggested to the HOA many times to get the word out as soon as they heard something from a Resident. Since I knew no electronic signs were going to be put up I requested many times a generic type sign throughout the Subdivision that would state "Report Suspicious Vehicles in the Area Call 911 / HOA @........" "Burglaries in Westcreek Call....." The word has to get out somehow / someway. Not everyone has the time or possibly the means to go on line to check the VOWC site for info.
Neighbors are our best sources of information.
Good Luck on putting an end to the crime your experiencing (sincerely)

Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM

117 posts, read 343,544 times
Our HOA has everyone's emails addresses and sends out email alerts. You should suggest to WestCreeks HOA to do the same.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 AM

They do send out e-mail alerts. I believe there are currently over 1000 people signed up to receive them and they're nice. Some good changes going on here

Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM

27 posts, read 67,120 times
Default Can we metal detect at the westcreek park area?

Just wondering if we need permission or did someone try to do this already. Thanks for any info on this.....

Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM

As long as you're a resident in good standing, I don't see why it would be an issue. Might want to bring your WC ID with you, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio