Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Umm even according to your map it shows potranco/grosenbacher as being outside the city limits....

We don't pay city taxes here, therefore we are outside the city limits. We do fall under the cities extra-terratorial jurisdiction, but I'm not sure if traffic signals are governed by that.
I stand corrected...I was thinking of the Potranco/1604 light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 PM

8 posts, read 11,138 times
Default Traffic Light

Quote:
Umm even according to your map it shows potranco/grosenbacher as being outside the city limits....

We don't pay city taxes here, therefore we are outside the city limits. We do fall under the cities extra-terratorial jurisdiction, but I'm not sure if traffic signals are governed by that.
Potranco Rd. belongs to the State and so does that traffic light.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 PM

166 posts, read 571,383 times
Quote:
The HOA has sent out a strategic planning survey:

Villages of Westcreek Owners Association Strategic Planning Survey
Thanks for the link. I wish they would replace the fences with stone!
I wonder how much money that little landscaping job in front of the offices cost?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Did the lost Dachsund find his way home? He sure is a cutie.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
Potranco Rd. belongs to the State and so does that traffic light.
DOH! You're right of course, thanks.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM

797 posts, read 2,991,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Did the lost Dachsund find his way home? He sure is a cutie.
No unfortunately he did not find his original home. I kept him until yesterday, then a friend of mine introduced him to her family and pets, needless to say the humans loved him the other pets did not. She is now searching for another home for him. If you are interested let me know and I will see what can be done.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
No unfortunately he did not find his original home. I kept him until yesterday, then a friend of mine introduced him to her family and pets, needless to say the humans loved him the other pets did not. She is now searching for another home for him. If you are interested let me know and I will see what can be done.
It does take some time for pets to get used to each other...days, sometimes even a few weeks. My only experience has been with introducing new cats/kittens and that has always taken several weeks for the transition. And that transition sometimes is not pretty and can get very noisy.

Good luck in finding the little one a home...there's a family out there somewhere.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
anyone know the details on that pedestrian/car accident that happened on the bridge by the park yesterday? I received an e-mail, heard the sirens in the morning, and my wife saw it later, but wondering about the details. She said the car looked worse than the person, so they must've been hauling a$$. Wouldn't be surprised either because people are always flying by right there when I'm out running. They also seem to never pay attention there for some reason and I've had many people come too close to the sidewalk for some reason. I usually get over a little when there's pedestrians there, but then again I drive with my eyes open and completely sober and not distracted....

Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 PM

797 posts, read 2,991,964 times
I heard lots of sirens in the am, and after receiving the email about the incident I wondered if they were connected. I hope the pedestrian is ok, it's too bad that with sidewalks and several stop signs we still seem to have drivers hopping curbs even in broad daylight. It might be worth dropping the speed limit on Military and Westcreek Oaks. I would take the drop in speed over speed bumps.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I would have a serious issue with speed bumps and would probably do something in the middle of the night to get rid of them. That should never be an option anywhere for anything.
I got some clarification on it while we were on a walk last night. I guess it was more at the park entrance than the bridge. My wife said there was glass everywhere and the lady that appeared to be the victim, was much better off than the car. This leads me to believe she may have been the culprit and the driver paid the price to protect her. Seen plenty of that around here too. Pedestrians have the right of usually, but they need to be smart and think before they step out into traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio