Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
It was way back when he and Stephen Fry had a TV comedy sketch show, A Bit of Fry and Laurie which ran from 1989-95.

Laurie plays a character named Alan, who is hired as a secret agent by a mysterious organization known only as 'The Department', before which he was a gun-runner, supply teacher and Home Secretary (head of internal affairs in the UK). The character is a parody of several British television shows of the 1970s, most prominently The Professionals.

Wow, hahaha, I've heard of that, and had seen some clips on YouTube! The good 'ole days, eh?

I was only 2 years old and living behind the Iron Curtain when it started. Wow. Life really moves, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 09:39 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Regarding the woman, who defended her home, and her husband, this is quite interesting.

Quote:
Kathleen Carter is a member of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas and a descendant of Collin McKinney, the last signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence, according to a family friend. Her husband is a descendant of Benjamin Rush “Ben” Milam, a prominent member of the Texas Revolution.
Home invasion suspect identified - San Antonio Express-News

Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Regarding the woman, who defended her home, and her husband, this is quite interesting.

Home invasion suspect identified - San Antonio Express-News

Wow. Very impressive. Guess it's not surprising at all that she was able to open up a can of whooop-A on that trash.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
She's at the top of my "Most Admired 2011" list so far. I hope she and her husband are doing OK.

As for Jason, well, he's gonna need more than a rosary.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
According to his obit on mysa, he was set to be married, had one child with one on the way.

At 28 years old, I just don't understand why he would do this when he has responsibilities such as his children for example.

While I don't feel bad for the burglar because the man is a victim of no one but himself, I do feel bad for his children.

Just terrible. When someone that has so much to lose by committing this crime and does it anyway, it makes me realize that we have to be more defiant in protecting our homes. Shoot first and ask questions later seems to be the proper way of handling things now.

Personally I am not a big fan of guns but I do keep two in my own home and I won't think twice about shooting someone that dares to break into my house.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
According to his obit on mysa, he was set to be married, had one child with one on the way.

At 28 years old, I just don't understand why he would do this when he has responsibilities such as his children for example.

While I don't feel bad for the burglar because the man is a victim of no one but himself, I do feel bad for his children.

Just terrible. When someone that has so much to lose by committing this crime and does it anyway, it makes me realize that we have to be more defiant in protecting our homes. Shoot first and ask questions later seems to be the proper way of handling things now.

Personally I am not a big fan of guns but I do keep two in my own home and I won't think twice about shooting someone that dares to break into my house.
Very well put MattTx....I read the obit on this guy and I just dont understand how based on his obituary someone with so much to look forward to could do something so stupid. His children will never, ever know their father and may one day face the reality that he died out of stupidity. Of course, he may have been desperate, on drugs, whatever....either way two kids will never know their Father...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Now there is a responsible gun owner... she cna shoot straight and was of sound mind to make a split decision.

She is the one we like to read about. it is a shame they both weren't in the house. I dare say she could have been 2 for 2.... what a dumba$$ husband... wow we know who does the thinking in that house .

Old 01-09-2011, 01:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Now there is a responsible gun owner... she cna shoot straight and was of sound mind to make a split decision.

She is the one we like to read about. it is a shame they both weren't in the house. I dare say she could have been 2 for 2.... what a dumba$$ husband... wow we know who does the thinking in that house .
Jeez, cut him some slack. He was 82! She was a spry 64. You're being kinda rude.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
I can't believe how everyone is cheering about this woman murdering another human being. It's sickening.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I can't believe how everyone is cheering about this woman murdering another human being. It's sickening.
It is not murder. It is self-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio